Author Topic: Hybrid update  (Read 5363 times)

sportse

• Approved Member
Re: Hybrid update
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2022, 12:49:18 PM »
Perhaps it will be a dealer software update - I think the over the air updates only apply to the infotainment system?

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2022, 12:51:28 PM »
...Okey dokey. I wonder if they will notify customers?

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2022, 02:48:41 PM »
My 21 ex is having its first service next month - I’ll check to see if there is a new menu option afterwards.

At present I have to turn RDMS off before every trip as I drive a lot on narrow country roads.

Vinney

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz crosstar
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2022, 03:04:00 PM »
I've been over to the dealership , and as shufty has said ,its in the vehicle setting menu . Go onto RDMS ( road departure mitigation system ) and it shows early, normal or delayed . We've put mine to delayed,and it makes so much difference . I've really got to be quite a way off course to activate it,which is a vast improvement .
There is still no option to permanently delete though.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2022, 03:12:23 PM »
On the roads towards the motorway there are a few places which are dual or triple carriageway and some S bends. After re-checking all mirrors I don't follow the S but cut all the corners.
That turns the RDMS into overdrive as I cross all the white lines.
If you operate the turn signal before crossing the white line you will  get no RDMS warnings.
Neil Ives

Vinney

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2022, 03:49:17 PM »
Yes,but when you are driving in country lanes or B roads, it used to come on if there are white lines or not . You just had to get a bit too close to the road edge ,which is often impossible not too.

sportse

• Approved Member
Hybrid update
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2022, 06:28:07 PM »
On my 21MY it was already set to delayed when I got the car unfortunately, so there is no change for me :(

I’d hoped that this would be a new software setting available, but was the one already on mine.

Vinney

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2022, 06:54:37 PM »
On my 21MY it was already set to delayed when I got the car unfortunately, so there is no change for me :(

I’d hoped that this would be a new software setting available, but was the one already on mine.

I do find that makes quite a considerable difference than the normal setting though ,but it would br better if you could delete it altogether

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2022, 07:42:08 PM »
I just don't understand why Honda consider it acceptable, to be able to turn off LKAS permanently, but not RDMS
On the sort of roads I frequently use, even the Delayed setting is useless and in my opinion just downright dangerous!

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2022, 08:13:00 PM »
As I mentoned in another thread, US models (even with the same infotainment) have a turn off option. Presumably to avoid lawsuits...

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2022, 09:24:57 PM »
I think EU manufacturers get points towards the safety rating if it is on by default.

However the Honda system isn’t much good for narrow roads - mine is manually switched off every trip however it’s a pain to do.

On several hire cars I’ve had the RDMS was one button on the dash that you just held down to turn off, similar to the traction control system.

On mine I have to cancel several screens to get the safety screen up, then when I turn it off a message stays on the screen for a few seconds before I can cancel that and get back to the normal dash display.

Honda know the Jazz system isn’t much good as they make a point of saying how improved the HRV system is.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2022, 08:33:52 AM »
As I travel weekly on single track roads, I will never buy any car with such a carp system

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2022, 08:39:53 AM »
As I travel weekly on single track roads, I will never buy any car with such a carp system
Sounds a bit fishy to me ;D

Tags:

anything