Author Topic: Manchester beginner  (Read 1024 times)

PaultheManc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz Hybrid SR
Manchester beginner
« on: April 21, 2022, 03:01:22 PM »
I thought I should join the forum, having been a bit of a lurker for some time, as I am about to take delivery of a new Jazz SR Hybrid.
I have owned two prior Jazz, both Mk 2 type over a 10 year period - bought 2 yr old, replaced after a  further 5.  With the 5 years about up on the current Mk 2, and with service costs and tyre replacement due, I had a look around.  I was amazed at the suggested prices on my current Jazz, and the very high cost of 2 year old Hybrid Jazz.  Taking this all this into account, plus with inflation stoking up (I am thinking new Car prices likely to increase) I decided to buy new.
Looking at the options, I opted for an SR as there are things I don't like about the EX, privacy windows, 16inch tyres etc although I would have liked the parking camera.  I don't like the choice of colours, but decided the metallic red was the least offensive. The dealer offered a bit of a discount and I have a hold position on trade-in of £7.5K - but will be testing the other instant sell options to see if I can do better.
I really like the new hybrid engine design, very close to what, as an engineer, I have been theorising for some years - although I would have liked a plug-in, as my typical daily use would be under 30 miles.
I have found the Jazz to be a very capable and reliable vehicle - suits my needs very well, for a small car.  Not a drivers car; the Ford Focus, 3 Series BMW are much nicer in that respect, although the Jazz is better than the Mk1 Audi A3 I had many years ago.
Hopefully I will be able to provide some feedback on my new Jazz SR shortly.

Derkie54

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 1.5i-MMD Jazz SR (Shining Grey)
Re: Manchester beginner
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 07:37:46 PM »
I've got a Jazz SR and I think it's a great car, the only thing I'd like to add is a spare wheel but nowhere to put it really.
Would I buy another......in a heartbeat  :)
It will be alright in the end, if it's not alright then it's not the end !

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 08:22:02 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

DWJazz2021

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX (Gen4)
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 09:45:58 AM »
The Jazz is a hybrid in more ways than just the engine. I somewhat rushed into getting one as had a small window to replace an old large estate before the mayor would charge me for driving £12.50 each day in my local town.

The only ‘negative’ is that it looks really small on the outside, certainly compared to other cars on the road (and about half the size of my last one, but much easier to park!)

Flip side, the fuel economy is amazing (60’s acheivabale without driving like a snail); the space inside (as you may hear) is quite tardis-like, it’s pretty roomy and more so than most cars in the same and higher classes due to the MPV shape); for both passengers and load space. The boot (seats up) looks small but will fit a suitcase or two.

Not sure if your model has CarPlay, but if so that operates and sounds amazing too (speaking as a techie).

Also, despite the image, it actually drives pretty damn well.

Given the position of the front wheels its very capable of manoeuvres at reasonable speed. See the ‘moose avoidance test’ video.

It’s quick off the mark (with EV assist, 0-25 will leave some behind).  There’s also the option of turning off Eco for the occasional boost….even without its fast enough to accelerate on the motorway.

Lots of surprises, I think you’d like it
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 11:16:49 AM by DWJazz2021 »

Tags: