Author Topic: Introduction new 2022 Civic e:HEV  (Read 6798 times)

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
Re: Introduction new 2022 Civic e:HEV
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2022, 10:13:53 AM »
Shame they didn't put the Civic engine in the HR-V! :'(
The engine seems to be very similar to the one in the CRV with around 180hp hybrid.

I was surprised to find that you can actually get a base CRV for the same price as a higher model HRV.
I looked at CR-Vs while I waited for the HR-V but the base model is seriously 'underwhelming' in terms of 'gizzmology' and home comforts (heated seats etc) and more thirsty than the HR-V.
The top spec HR-V 'Style' has a lot of stuff I don't want. 'Banging' stereo, revolting salmon pink trim round the gear stick and a LOT more money than my 'Advance'.

I consider the HR-V to be the best of the 79 cars I have owned. Any 'dislikes' I may have are very minor and do nothing to spoil the enjoyment of the car.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2022, 10:16:11 AM »
79??? Wow!

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2022, 02:27:54 PM »
...Oh and the new Civic doesn't look half bad, especially in that blue...

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2022, 03:01:50 PM »
...Oh and the new Civic doesn't look half bad, especially in that blue...

I've been following the new civic for some time through tests in American car magazines - they're impressed with it.

It will be interesting to see how the 180hp hybrid compares to other models.

Skyline84

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2022, 04:45:14 PM »
I appreciate the fact that Honda have kept physical HVAC controls on their latest models, and have not followed the (unsafe) trend of most other manufacturers with touch screen buttons and sliders.

Overall I quite like the shape and styling, although hopefully the upcoming Type R will have some visual flair.

I'm also interested to hear how the 2.0l engine combined with 2 electric motors feels, I have read that the 1.5l hybrid system in the Jazz and CR-V received some criticism (although some of that might be down to the CVT gearbox).

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2022, 08:46:28 AM »
I'm also interested to hear how the 2.0l engine combined with 2 electric motors feels, I have read that the 1.5l hybrid system in the Jazz and CR-V received some criticism (although some of that might be down to the CVT gearbox).
Honda caused a lot of confusion by describing the transmission of the current hybrids as "e-CVT". Yes, it is continuously variable but there is no traditional gearbox with the matching of engine and vehicle speeds done by electronics. If you haven't seen this then it's worth watching:

The 1.5 litre Atkinson cycle engine as in the Jazz and HR-V has to work quite hard under load but is very efficient under average conditions. The larger engine in the new Civic probably gives better economy under load but less economical under light loading. The Civic will probably be more economical for faster cruising and less suitable for urban driving.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2022, 11:43:17 AM »
I had a gen 10 loan civic yesterday but found it to be incredibly low.

Even with the drivers seat at the highest setting it was way too low for me.

Toyota did the same thing with the Corolla but at least with the seat on maximum it was just about acceptable.

I don’t know what market they are going for - families will have trouble lowering children in/lifting them out, and older drivers won’t be able to get out if they can get in.

Auto express reporting today that the base model without metallic paint likely to be around  £29k.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 11:51:34 AM by sportse »

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2022, 12:57:29 PM »
The market for higher seating cars was led by SUV’s but rapidly expanded to crossovers and other vehicles. I am an "oldie” so find the higher seating position much easier to get into/out of. My neighbour has 3 young children and has just changed her hatchback for a crossover - Seat I think - and the reason was getting the children into and out of their seats was so much less strain on the back with a higher seated car. Now says she finds it much better and also the children can see much more because of their elevated seating position. Lower sleeker cars are fine for the young 20+ year olds and for sports saloons and open top cars but the move to higher riding cars is only going to accelerate - helped by our deteriorating roads!

Jazzik

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2022, 02:12:43 PM »
We are "oldies” too, so find the higher seating position easier to get into/out of.
That's why our last 4 cars have an increasing minimum height of the driver's seat.
Our current Jazz: 590mm. Its predecessor, the Toyota Yaris of 2017: 585 mm. The 2013 Honda Jazz: 560mm and the 2008 Kia Ceed just 540mm.
So as the years climb and we get older, we are also sitting a little higher. In these 14 years we have therefore moved up about 50 millimeters. A little, not an exaggeration ;) so as not to spoil our bodies and stay a little flexible. Regular walking and cycling also helps quite a bit.

The real reason: We just don't like these would be "sports"(?) utility vehicles or crossovers with too much "Tupperware" and luckily we still mange very well in our "low seater".
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 02:29:58 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2022, 02:48:47 PM »
the move to higher riding cars is only going to accelerate - helped by our deteriorating roads!
Devils advocate time.  ;D   Totally agree that extra ride height has advantages   for ease of access and better view.

But it doesnt  change newtons law of dynamics.  .  Kinetic energy increases by the square of velocity. Hit a pothole at 10 mph instead of 5 mph the impact is not twice as hard, its 4 times as hard.    Its rare for ground clearance  to be an issue on a degraded paved road  however bad its potholes or low slung the car . If it is you are already driving too fast. 

And having extra ground clearance 'off road ability'  encourages you to drive that much  faster, and thus  more likely to strike pot holes that much harder. 

I have often seen it  travelling on some diabolical roads in India.   An ordinary hatchback copes well enough.  But you often see  rugged 4x4's having roadside repairs  because  the owners believed they were better able to cope, at a higher speed.
No worries, maybe my contentious  opinion will be gone tomorrow  :-X
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2022, 03:59:54 PM »
the move to higher riding cars is only going to accelerate - helped by our deteriorating roads!
Devils advocate time.  ;D   Totally agree that extra ride height has advantages   for ease of access and better view.

But it doesnt  change newtons law of dynamics.  .  Kinetic energy increases by the square of velocity. Hit a pothole at 10 mph instead of 5 mph the impact is not twice as hard, its 4 times as hard.    Its rare for ground clearance  to be an issue on a degraded paved road  however bad its potholes or low slung the car . If it is you are already driving too fast. 

And having extra ground clearance 'off road ability'  encourages you to drive that much  faster, and thus  more likely to strike pot holes that much harder. 

I have often seen it  travelling on some diabolical roads in India.   An ordinary hatchback copes well enough.  But you often see  rugged 4x4's having roadside repairs  because  the owners believed they were better able to cope, at a higher speed.
No worries, maybe my contentious  opinion will be gone tomorrow  :-X
Agreed, but I assumed that we are all sensible drivers on this forum! Longer wheel travel certainly helps over heavily rutted roads (North Yorkshire roads are diabolical) but only if you drive according to the conditions.
A question I can’t get an answer to is why roads in the South - Dorset, Devon and Cornwall - are so much better surfaced than roads here? But then the final section of the A30 in Cornwall is being dualled while the A64 from York to all points East (Scarborough etc.) is still single carriageway. Long traffic jams even in Winter while in summer the A64 is generally a car park, now told possibly, might start dualling sections after 2025 - believe that at your peril!

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2022, 11:29:35 AM »
Not on sale until the autumn.
No 10th gen Civics listed on the Honda configuator.

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2022, 11:37:12 AM »
Prices. They start from £29495 for the Elegance £30495 for the Sport and £32595 for the top of the range Advance. The first demonstration car will be with us in September looking for delivery for customers October onwards. I hope this helps.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2022, 05:04:23 AM »
Civic review featuring a guest speaker, the Honda technical designer we've seen in out Jazz YT links :

Let's be careful out there !

Tags: