Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Very steep hills
« Last post by Kenneve on May 24, 2022, 09:24:13 AM »
...I get excessive engine noise at 15mph on a slight incline, minimal throttle. As mentioned it feels as though the 'gearbox' wants to change up but just doesn't and can't make its mind up and decides not to.

It sounds like there could be an issue with your car.
I sometimes drive elderly people and can accelerate fairly briskly from 0-40mph with hardly any sound at all, even up slight hills.
By pressing the accelerator a bit and keeping it there, the car is very quiet and accelerates very well.
If I roll on the accelerator and keep increasing the pressure it will make a lot of noise.

I think I agree, there could be an issue with your car.
In normally motoring, I find it difficult to know whether the engine is running or not, as the vehicle is so quiet overall compared, with my previous Jazz cars. I do need to look for the EV logo, for confirmation. Certainly if I floor the gas pedal, then there is some engine noise, but in my view, no more that any manual gearbox Jazz and in the main, totally unnecessary.
Admittedly, I do have the radio on most of the time, but only around volume No7, which is not going to drown out any engine noise.
Honda & Other Honda Models / Re: Aircon use.
« Last post by JimSh on May 24, 2022, 08:58:29 AM »
My Mk2 has climate control which automatically selects air from outside except when the car has been sitting in the sun and the temperature in the car is very high on startup when it selects recirculate. ( living in Scotland, I didn't notice this until I had had the car for about a year)
When the temperature inside the car has been reduced it then switches to cooling the outside air.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Very steep hills
« Last post by Bristol_Crosstar on May 24, 2022, 08:53:43 AM »
Drove Hardknott Pass about a month ago.
Car pulled like a train uphill and B mode downhill was great. Akin to engine braking and the battery recharged in no time. Engine didnít appear excessively noisy uphill, possibly as battery had charge from the downhill. I do notice a noise change when the battery is fully charged and you continue decent in B mode. A pitched generator whirring  sound, as if itís spinning freely, without any battery capacity left to store charge. Seemed like the engine braking was reduced whilst this occurred. I appreciated the cars narrower width on the narrow Lake District roads and the short length for finding tight parking places. 3 up and plenty of room for walking gear and large case with one back seat folded flat.
If I get the battery to 100% going downhill in 'B' I change to 'D' and use the brake, I think the car's happier and there's no energy benefit in staying in 'B' when the battery's full.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Amusing Images
« Last post by Kremmen on May 24, 2022, 08:47:37 AM »
Spot the oversight :

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Driverís seat wear
« Last post by Kremmen on May 24, 2022, 08:45:16 AM »
I had another look at mine and the sides do seem to be quite stiff to fend off over bending.

I sat in mine and bounced around and the sides don't move or flex.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Driverís seat wear
« Last post by John Ratsey on May 24, 2022, 08:26:35 AM »
Did a supplier make a change in the material without appreciating the consequences?

I hope that the problem only affects one batch of seats as this could get expensive for Honda. Warranty expiry won't provide a quick escape route as the fitness for purpose and latent defects aspects as consumer legislation are also relevent.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by John Ratsey on May 24, 2022, 08:16:32 AM »
A good article about the problem of EV charging in rural areas https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61505025.

One part of me wants an EV but another says why inflict myself with the charging hassle when the Crosstar can go 500 miles before I get anxious about refuelling.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Garmin Standalone Updates
« Last post by John Ratsey on May 24, 2022, 08:04:59 AM »
That's Garmin for you.  :-[

Why fix it once when you can fix it twice ....  ;D
Garmin Express has to be updated more frequently as it is the interface between all the Garmin devices and the central database.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Amusing Images
« Last post by John Ratsey on May 24, 2022, 07:58:58 AM »
I was sent this almost 20 years ago.
Honda & Other Honda Models / Re: Aircon use.
« Last post by Kremmen on May 24, 2022, 05:39:56 AM »
On all my aircon cars misting has always been a side effect of too much recirc. However, that's in the colder months when auto recirc has kicked in to prevent freezing air being dragged in before the engine has warmed up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything