Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Help please
« Last post by chicksee on May 24, 2022, 04:29:57 PM »
All done, many thanks.
« Last post by chicksee on May 24, 2022, 04:23:26 PM »
Thanks for that, I will go and have a fiddle with it :-)
« Last post by sportse on May 24, 2022, 04:17:38 PM »
It's not the easiest thing to do unfortunately - you go through the menu settings on the cars dashboard rather than through the infotainment screen.

It's called 'speed alarm' - page 149 on my 21 owners manual.

It's a combination of using the scroll wheel and pressing it when you get a setting. The speed alarm seems to be the last item on the list of dash pages to bring up on the dashboard.

You can set different speeds for 1 and 2, and also set them to off as well.

I have both of mine set, and had to reset them after my car had the battery disconnected - it involved a bit of fiddling as they haven't set it out in a very user friendly way.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Help please
« Last post by chicksee on May 24, 2022, 04:07:24 PM »
Just recently I've been getting a sign popping up looks like a speedometer with either a number 1 or number 2  to the left to it, in the manual it Says " Appears when the vehicle speed reaches the set speed. You can set two different speeds for the alarm"
I've obviously set this inadvertently, any idea how to swirch it off ?
Ta
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: 15 inch wheel as a spare , 16 inch on car
« Last post by TnTkr on May 24, 2022, 03:23:35 PM »
The size for 15" tyres on those GK Jazz models that have it from the factory is 185/60R15.
The clutch calibration thing is interesting. I don't have any experience with the Jazz i-shift but I have a Honda DCT bike, which appears to use quite similar technology and I suspect borrows system architecture.

The bike DCT (dual clutch transmission, one clutch for 1,3,5 and the other for 2,4,6 gear ratios) has a very simple clutch initialisation procedure, basically you press shift buttons when turning on ignition then a sequence (DDNDN) and it goes into initialisation mode, you start the engine and it does a procedure where it "learns" the oil pressures for clutch actuation to give the right bite points. It has to be up to temperature to do the procedure, if low it displays "L" and you have to warm it up more. It uses oil pressure to make the clutch grip rather than to release it, there are very light springs in the clutches which separate the plates.
I usually do it shortly after an oil change, allowing maybe 100mls or so for the new oil to stabilise. It takes literally a minute. A lot of non-Honda service technicians are not aware of the procedure but it can sort out a lot of driveability issues with pulling away or trickling in traffic, abrupt gear shift quality etc.

I would suspect there's a similar simple procedure for the i-shift, but maybe it needs a plug-in service tool?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Very steep hills
« Last post by Jazzik on May 24, 2022, 11:29:37 AM »
If I get the battery to 100% going downhill in 'B' I change to 'D' and use the brake, I think the car's happier and there's no energy benefit in staying in 'B' when the battery's full.

When going downhill I don't change "B" to "D" when the battery is full. Maybe no energy gain by staying in "B", but not (or much less) using the mechanical brakes.
I asked the Jazz if it (he?..she?) feels happy enough downhill in "B" with a full battery. It (he, she) did not answer and shrugged.
When I repeated the question, but specifically to the brakes, they nodded and the discs began to gleam with joy.

And now seriously: also in "D" the car wants to charge the full battery, only less than in "B". In addition, you need your mechanical brakes much more.
Nowhere I can find that on a descent in "B" you should switch to "D" when the battery is full...
I assume the Honda engineers are smart enough to avoid damaging the electric drive system and/or battery from a long descent in "B".
FYI Daniel is currently/temporarily out of action.

I'll post back when he tells us, on Civinfo, when he's back.

Last post : https://www.civinfo.com/threads/civic-and-jazz-i-shift-ishift-actuator-clutch-system-repair-at-your-home-address.306297/page-23
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Very steep hills
« Last post by Kremmen on May 24, 2022, 10:04:02 AM »
Same here, I've never heard the engine except on initial startup before I get moving and the radio is on, volume level 12 for me.

I only know the engine is running by looking at the instant MPG bar.
When this happened, did both fwd and reverse gear didn't engaged?

Either first or reverse wasn't engaging randomly at first for like three weeks, then at some point I went into neutral on a junction and was unable to go into any gear for few minutes. Had to push the car off junction, got a bit stressed. Then it started to work alright next day but replaced the switch anyway.

I'll book the car at local dealership about clutch recalibration. Thank you for the advice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything