Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Storm damage
« Last post by Oz Mosis on Today at 06:14:26 AM »
I am in a quandary and could think of no better source of advice than from the many contributors to this forum. Here's the background: I am currently staying in an area of SW France which experienced a severe weather event earlier in the week. Referred to as a catastrophe naturelle, the storm lived up to its description. Roofs were damaged/holed, trees uprooted and crops destroyed. Hailstones the size of walnuts crashed to the ground, or just as likely on to the crops, roofs and cars. My own car sustained over 100 direct hits. All bar the nearside bears witness to the onslaught. In addition to the extensive damage to the bodywork, the taillights were also shattered.

My question is, should I inform my insurer, pay for the work myself - as suggested by Honest John - or simply ignore the damage to the bodywork? Friends who suffered a similar fate several years ago decided to live with the damage. Wouldn't my insurer want to write the car off? And if the car were to be written off, would this be the least worst option from a financial perspective? I shall be returning to the UK in late August and need to make a decision before I leave France. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Your Mk4 seems to have a mind of its own what with the headunit and now auto wipers.

As you posted ages ago, it's a rare colour combo with white paint and light interior.

Wonder what it's history is.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Spark plug gap?
« Last post by dvhttn on Today at 12:11:32 AM »
I believe the standard plugs are NGK plugs. If you know the model number for the plug, the gap will be the last two digits of the code. So, for example IZFR6K-11S, the last two digits "11" (ignoring the S) is a gap of 1.1mm.
This is the gap NGK supply the plug with at the factory.

So the NGK plugs for my car, and which I actually have fitted (well, no. 1 cylinder has an NGK plug in it .... ) are NGK DILZKAR7C11S - so a 1.1mm gap, which ties in with the info I found above. Now it also says on the NGK site that they pre-gap BUT manufacturers can specify and set their own gap and you should check the 'manufacturers manual'. Hence the question ... but as the manual says nowt I'll take it as 1.1mm and check accordingly.

Thanks.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: UK car driven in France
« Last post by Lurch on June 24, 2022, 11:58:21 PM »
Watch out for new speed limits on many French roads.  Back in 2018 the speed limit on French A & B class roads was reduced from 90kph to 80kph. However, very few road signs have been updated to show the new speed limit.  A recent trip to the Normandy area in 2022 and I only saw a handful of signs that stated the new speed limit of 80kph...the majority still state 90kph some 4 years after the change in speed limit.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda halt Crosstar production ?
« Last post by Expatman on June 24, 2022, 10:30:18 PM »
I am not sure why anyone would buy a downgraded spec car unless they were desperate and their current car had died! I certainly would not spend £20k+ on a car that had been Ďdecontentedí to fit the supply of components.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Hello guys I need help please
« Last post by cris on June 24, 2022, 09:38:44 PM »
Maybe u can suggest some sensor I can read with the OBD II while the car is misfiring and what to look out for. I can read most of the sensor and can save freeze frame data, I just don't really know how to understand it :P.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Hello guys I need help please
« Last post by cris on June 24, 2022, 09:34:12 PM »
Hello came back with an update.
So i did cleaned the the ground wire from the battery, all good just a little corrosion with no effect. Drove with the filer cap a little undone and no change.
One very strange thing happened today, while the car was under the hot sun while working I went and did some random testing and got rpm readings from the OBD II all over the place, like 20,000 rpm the one sec. later 8,000, then 800 just random.
Latter when I got some time did some wire testing with a multimeter, engine off key on (II) connected to ground.
Throttle position sensor three pin connector, yellow had 5.00V, red (middle) had 0.03V and green had 0.00V, and green had 31.3 ohms.
Mass air flow sensor (above the TPS) two pin connector, yellow had 12.6V, red had 0.00V, red had 0.00 ohms. (WHY?)
Crankshaft position sensor, three pin connector, ground 0.00V, signal 4.99V and power 12.55V, and ground 11.6ohms. Also i checked the air temp. sensor that had good voltage (12.5V) and ground 5.00 ohms.
After putting it all back together I got P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Malfunction and P0113 Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input (Sensor 1) maybe from disconnecting the sensors?
The I drove the car for 1 hour with the OBDII on and read the rpms and short/long term fuel trim and found out that the misfire is a drop of about 600rpm, misfire is a sudden drop in STFT and a gain to the LTFT. At about 20% throttle open (light acceleration) the STFT jumps quickly from 0 -> +12% and random, on hard acceleration STFT vary a maximum of +2%. Every misfire and about +0.80% instant in the LTFT. Idle tends to STFT 0->-4% and LTFT to run around -3.80% steady. I couldn't make a running test with the sensors, I don't have back probes yet.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Tracker fitment
« Last post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX on June 24, 2022, 09:30:37 PM »
Hi.
If it's of any help we recommend these. They might be able to offer you some advice.
https://www.gapsecurity.co.uk/
Regards,
Dan.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Is Honda greedy?
« Last post by olduser1 on June 24, 2022, 06:38:56 PM »
Compared to other car manufacturers, not really. You can be assured extras or accessories add 0 to the value once used.
You can always buy used, and forget about the additional built in headaches on newer models. Remember to keep driving before your Government prevents private travel.
I have mine set to maximum sensitivity, but unfortunately the wipers donít move often enough:(

Iím always having to override it - another thing I never had to do on my last car.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything