Author Topic: Using I phone as sat nav in jazz 2013  (Read 2931 times)

Cheryl

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz
Using I phone as sat nav in jazz 2013
« on: December 31, 2018, 01:40:14 PM »
I have a Jazz reg in 2013.I bought a lead to put into The USB port but no sound comes out.Can I put a cable in the cigarette lighter.? Could I use a satnav with either port?
At the moment I am trying to get my iPhone 6 to do the job.Any help much appreciated.

Johncb500

• Approved Member
  • Honda owner since 1971,on 2 and 4 wheels
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX 2012-CB500/4 1974
Re: Using I phone as sat nav in jazz 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 02:07:32 PM »
I have mk2/61 plate.
I plug a multi socket into the power socket.for satnav.phone charger ext.My MP3 Plugs into a 3,5mm socket on lower left of facia.under radio/CD controls

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

GSX600FMAN

• 2014 Jazz Hybrid GP1
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE6 1.4EX, GG6 1.4EX. Now Jazz Hybrid (2014) April 2019
Re: Using I phone as sat nav in jazz 2013
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 03:21:57 PM »
Yes! To use your iPhone through the Jazz's own system, connect a good quality USB to Lightning,  or now USB C, cable to the Honda's stupid backward USB to USB extension cable. Select CD/AUX button on the car radio and it will cycle between CD and Auxiliary. If it detects the iPhone it will show 'iPod' and the number of files (songs/tracks), if it detects a USB device it will show loading 'USB data' and play all compatible music sequentially, folder random or complete random.   If you have a navigation program running like TomTom the instructions will be read out too over the car system. I have used with iPhone's Tom Tom Go and Windows Mobile NavNgo Igo. But usually have a dedicated BlueTooth speaker in the centre console powered and charged by the car for convenience and have independent volume. I also use the brodit active iphone holders.

Tags: