Author Topic: Keyless entry.  (Read 2965 times)

guest7494

Re: Keyless entry.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2019, 01:33:45 PM »
That was just the cheapest one - though not as cheap as yours. There were a ton of them that you could have next day delivery.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/SAMFOLK-Blocker-Blocking-Security-Protector/dp/B07M83YP5B/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2534QS0W3COV0&keywords=rfid+key+pouch&qid=1553779328&refinements=p_76%3A419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&s=gateway&sprefix=rfid%2Caps%2C198&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

Thanks for feedback but I do find this business of having to PURCHASE using good money to protect a car that should not require this fart a..... about in the first place and unless Honda sort the problem out I will not be purchasing Honda again or indeed any other vehicle 🚗 that provides this ludicrous laziness of touch the door handle etc to open a car door next time it will be a proper key in the ignition.if that is not possible then nowt I will not start on the rest of it as it will be a tirade for hours.

diffusion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz!
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 08:51:15 PM »
And tonight's Beeb Ceefax news had an item about the keyless theft saga.

Does one really need to ask the question, who are the pillocks who come up with these?

Like electronic handbrakes, or probably more descriptively - electronic parking brake.

Anyone with one of those, with fwd or manual rwd, could you do the old get out of trouble on ice/snow by declutch and quick tug on the lever?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 09:31:18 AM »

Does one really need to ask the question, who are the pillocks who come up with these?

Like electronic handbrakes, or probably more descriptively - electronic parking brake.

Anyone with one of those, with fwd or manual rwd, could you do the old get out of trouble on ice/snow by declutch and quick tug on the lever?

I agree,  my brother didn't buy a Toyota Avensis estate because they had an electric parking brake, I know a couple of people who had Ford S Max with electric parking brake and it was in the garage every couple of months to get the thing fixed,  it stuck on a few times and that was fun  :o  and all because car makers insisted on using totally unsuitable disc brakes on the rear wheels when drums are all that is required, they are trouble free and last for ever, but hey-ho when cars were rolling away because disc handbrake was letting go and numpties did not leave them in gear I guess they had to do something cheap and nasty to make up for short-sighted decision to use discs as a handbrake.

As for keyless entry, nothing wireless is ever secure - it seems silly that people are having to keep their keyfobs and cards in bulky wallets and fit steering wheel locks in this day and age,  and its all because of the 'we do things because we can' that infects everything these days - I wonder how many Alexas have ended up in cupboards gathering dust once the initial novelty has worn off and the shortcomings become apparent ?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest7494

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 10:59:52 AM »

I agree,  my brother didn't buy a Toyota Avensis estate because they had an electric parking brake, I know a couple of people who had Ford S Max with electric parking brake and it was in the garage every couple of months to get the thing fixed,  it stuck on a few times and that was fun  :o  and all because car makers insisted on using totally unsuitable disc brakes on the rear wheels when drums are all that is required, they are trouble free and last for ever, but hey-ho when cars were rolling away because disc handbrake was letting go and numpties did not leave them in gear I guess they had to do something cheap and nasty to make up for short-sighted decision to use discs as a handbrake.

As for keyless entry, nothing wireless is ever secure - it seems silly that people are having to keep their keyfobs and cards in bulky wallets and fit steering wheel locks in this day and age,  and its all because of the 'we do things because we can' that infects everything these days - I wonder how many Alexas have ended up in cupboards gathering dust once the initial novelty has worn off and the shortcomings become apparent ?

Regarding your comment “I wonder how many Alexas have ended up in cupboards gathering dust once the initial novelty has worn off and the shortcomings become apparent ?” I know this is off topic but just this once

You are absolutely correct I for one I have done just that ,not exactly in a cupboard yet ! but purchased on request by my two grandaughters “Grandad Can You” and the rest I am sure we have all done it.
But seriously you are spot on, as usual.
I do. not  like the Alexa thing it is an intrusion to many.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2019, 11:42:02 AM »

Amen to that.

Tags: