Author Topic: Steering wheel lock please?  (Read 69574 times)

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
Re: Steering wheel lock please?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2023, 04:04:05 PM »
Can thieves take your jazz if you are in the supermarket for example, ie a long way away from the car.
All previous posts are about parking at home.

Yes there have been reports of coming out of the supermarket and the car gone. All it needs is one person within an yard of you with a receiver/transmitter in his pocket or bag, and a second by the car with a receiver/hacker to open the door and enable start, all with the keyfob active of course. Since supermarkets sometimes have bad reception to transmit outside the most likely scenario is probably walking across the car park, but parked outside the house at night has just got to be much easier. 

His_name_is_robertpaulson

• Approved Member
  • Area left blank intentionally. Like the user.
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2023, 12:14:35 AM »
Get an OBD immobilizer, stops key cloning even if the keys are taken.

Beaver

• Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2023, 01:15:54 PM »
I've used this Disklok since 2016 on my 2012 Jazz and my current 2022 Hybrid.

It's the small size and fits very well, not being too tight or loose.   In addition to this I switch off the fob and store that in a Faraday Pouch.  The second remote is also switched off and in its own Faraday Pouch.

I tested the pouches by my non-scientific method of going to a supermarket and putting my bank cards in, then scanning at the checkout to see if they worked.   All was OK.   The down side to the Disklok is that it's a bit of a chore to fit and remove all the time, but if it helps to deter thieves who are prepared to sacrifice their "street cred" to nick a Jazz, then it's worth it to me.

Finally, yes I know I need to vacuum the carpet!   Happy New Year.   

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2023, 02:05:11 PM »
if it helps to deter thieves who are prepared to sacrifice their "street cred" to nick a Jazz, then it's worth it to me.

More likely to increase their street cred by stealing your catalytic converter or slashing the tyres.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2023, 02:15:22 PM »
The catalytic converter is very difficult to reach, but unfortunately the tires are not.
By the way, the chance of theft has been significantly reduced because it is a Jazz ;D.
I think a Disklok (although it seems like a terrible thing  ??? to me) would be more appropriate for more popular cars.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags:

anything