Author Topic: Cvt service  (Read 1873 times)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Cvt service
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2023, 01:40:02 PM »
So we are still a  bit in the dark, even though some on here are, or were  , professional mechanical engineers or related disciplines. (not me  :-[  )   It seems typical these days that  such details, and workshop manuals etc  are  jealously guarded professional  secrets   unless you pay business level annual subscriptions to get the data.  >:(
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2023, 02:06:31 PM »
Honda as a company are always amending , changing service intervals etc. as a result of feedback / learnt knowledge. They have always been far more advanced than the competition in this regard, but of course others learn and adapt.
Honda were the first car company, at considerable expense, many years ago to link in with IBM ( remember them), and put in a system with their dealers /agents workshops to feedback to the factory in Japan, in real time, issues that arose in everyday actual use. This enabled the factory to learn and adapt production so the next cars did not suffer the same fault……forward thinking or what ?
It therefore does not surprise me that they are always making changes and adjustments to servicing items, based on everyday experiences.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2023, 07:32:59 PM »
I think the jazz drive train is a very clever design and could see the gears lubricated for life, with no oil change at all. Both Honda and Toyota use 12K /12.5 k mile interval (or 12 months) for the engine oil ieven thou it’s fully synthetic . VAG group go for 18 ,000 miles or two years. Why are the Japanese makers engines more reliable -you can bet the engineers know the answers about lubrication for drive trains !

GeoffW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz SR
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2023, 07:38:26 PM »
My Owner's Guide (i.e. handbook) page 304 says the transmission fluid is scheduled to be changed at 93,500 miles or 6 years, under normal conditions. It says this is for vehicles without a service book - but mine has a service book, which doesn't list the Mk4 Jazz!
I'll be checking this with the dealer when I speak to them soon about a 3 year service plan, as according to the Owner's Guide the 3rd service would or should include the transmission fluid change. No wonder we're conused.

Tags: