Author Topic: Centre Airbag  (Read 506 times)

russd1978

• Approved Member
Centre Airbag
« on: April 05, 2023, 12:36:03 PM »
Hello, long-time Forum stalker here! Sadly my beautiful EX Jazz, just 10 days old, was hit in the rear by a driver at approximately 30 to 35 miles an hour last weekend. I was stationary with my girlfriend in the vehicle.

It's not looking good for the Jazz, central and curtain airbags were deployed on the right hand side and the boot is now approximately 50% smaller! I'm waiting for the insurance company to let me know if it's a write-off or if they can repair it.

I just wanted to post on here to make everyone aware that one slight thing to be aware of is that I was sitting with my arm on my armrest when we were hit which caused the arm injury. The central airbag deployed and injured my left arm. I think this is partly because as you are hit you are also sucked in by the seat belts as the airbag deploys. I don't think that I broke any bones but the bruising is very extensive and I'm getting a lot of pain in my elbow especially some 5 days later.

I'm grateful for how the car protected us but I wanted to make people aware that if you get a moment where you realise you might be accident the central airbag is very powerful and very close to your left arm.

I'm hoping my insurance is kind and might replace the car like-for-like but I have no idea if I will just get a smaller payout and make the difference up myself as I didn't have 'gap insurance'. It is a no-fault claim so maybe they will be generous but I have no idea.

Stay safe out there and thanks for all the information on this excellent forum.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 02:17:25 PM by russd1978 »

NoelM

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz Crosstar
Re: Centre Airbag
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2023, 12:46:26 PM »
The main thing is that you are reasonably ok. Hope the insurance sort things out quickly for you

5thcivic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX e:HEV and E
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2023, 01:14:47 PM »
That's horrible, good it was not more serious, hopefully gets better soon. Fingers crossed for insurance, should be ok since rear end shunt is no brainer.

jamjar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 03:16:15 PM »
Sadly my beautiful EX Jazz, just 10 days old, was hit in the rear by a driver at approximately 30 to 35 miles an hour last weekend.

I'm hoping my insurance is kind and might replace the car like-for-like but I have no idea if I will just get a smaller payout and make the difference up myself as I didn't have 'gap insurance'. It is a no-fault claim so maybe they will be generous but I have no idea.

Most comprehensive car insurance pays for full invoice price in write off during the first year so hopefully you should not loose out financially. Gap insurance is good from the second year onwards.

Tags: