Author Topic: Looking to buy first ever Jazz  (Read 14298 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Looking to buy first ever Jazz
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2018, 12:03:51 PM »
I haven't had a red car for years (doesn't match my football allegiances for one thing) but I do like Honda's red - Milano. The Civic and the Jazz look good in this.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2018, 05:30:45 PM »
Currently I am torn between the Grey and the Orange but I am open to suggestions.
I've seen a skyride blue metallic which looks very smart with the red sport trim.

Jeangenie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2018, 08:20:36 PM »
@ Dayjo. The images you link to look a lot darker and more vibrant than the Brilliant Sporty Blue Metallic image on Honda’s web site. I have not seen that colour in the flesh as Western Honda did not have a Jazz in that colour on display. I’ll phone Western Honda in Dunfermline and see if they have one I can look at.
@ Skyrider. I have tried every trick in my book to get him to change his mind but there is no budging him. My car spends half the winter dirty so Orange might not be a great idea.
Red doesn’t float my boat. Perhaps if it was a metallic but the solid colour looks rather bland.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2018, 09:26:23 PM »
Orange only comes near to orange on a bright sunny day with a clean car. Otherwise it looks Brown.
I don't agree. I rarely wash mine and even on a day like today it looks orange, just not as bright.

Sorry!
 The first orange one we saw, was in local Morrison's car park.
Navigator, immediately remarked. "That's not orange. It's a funny brown!".

I had to agree.
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Dayjo

• Approved Member
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2018, 09:41:29 PM »
@ Jeangenie.
 You're right!

You have to see one, in the flesh. Subtle colour changes, according to the intensity of the light.......

David.

Jeangenie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2018, 03:27:58 PM »
That looks gorgeous. Phoned Dunfermline and they said they don’t have a Brilliant Sporty Blue one but they are getting an S in for a customer and will phone me when it arrives. I’ll give it a look.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2018, 06:48:41 PM »
My car spends half the winter dirty so Orange might not be a great idea.
Orange is a very good idea if you aren't an assiduous car cleaner: The orange turns browner as it gets dirty but doesn't look dirty. I discovered this when I had a sunset orange Jazz and washed it at the end of the winter: It changed from a dull brownish orange to a much brighter shade of orange. Much better than the morpho blue on my HR-V which quickly looks dirty.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2018, 09:39:27 PM »
Yup, John, that's my experience as well. You can't even really see the dirt build up around the sills. When you do get around to washing it (or in my case when the garage doing the service does) it's quite a shock to see how orange it can be :)

Jeangenie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2018, 10:02:33 AM »
Just had a phone call to say Dunfermline has received the Brilliant Sporty Blue S in. I will finish a bit earlier today and swing by on my way home for a look.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2018, 10:06:10 AM »
Lovely! Enjoy...  :)
David.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2018, 11:54:00 AM »
Sounds good, don't forget to bargain for all the accessories you need , free carpets etc + full tank of fuel.
Good Luck

Jeangenie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2018, 09:14:04 PM »
Popped in to see car this evening and it is a great colour. I was only able to see it under the workshop lights as it was dark by the time I reached the garage. In fact it has been pretty much dark all day in Edinburgh.
I think Brilliant Sporty Blue is the colour I will go for. My husband says he will get the wheels painted a different colour if I wish. I am considering a lighter blue metallic. The dealer will get them done for us prior to our collecting the cars.
@olduser1. My husband buys one or two new cars every years. These are either for ourselves or his business. He has even bought cars for family members who appreciate the great deals he gets. I am confident he will get as good a deal on the two new Hondas as anyone would.

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »
Popped in to see car this evening and it is a great colour. I was only able to see it under the workshop lights as it was dark by the time I reached the garage. In fact it has been pretty much dark all day in Edinburgh.
As they say, 'It's grim up north'.

Mind you it was pretty wet and grey down here as well :-/

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2018, 07:19:26 AM »

Edinburgh isn't the "North" it's the deep south, for me in Aberdeen, and Thurso is another 5 hours driving into "there be dragons" territory  :o

There again, for some, anywhere north of the Watford Gap is the "North / There be dragons territory"  ;D

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2018, 08:34:48 AM »

Edinburgh isn't the "North" it's the deep south, for me in Aberdeen, and Thurso is another 5 hours driving into "there be dragons" territory  :o

There again, for some, anywhere north of the Watford Gap is the "North / There be dragons territory"  ;D
I live in Northamptonshire and that's kind of weird because it's a narrow, north/south county. Most of the population thinks of itself as 'midlands' but those of us down the bottom end tend to think more like the south. There's a definite 'northern' feel to Northampton - definitely flat cap territory :)

Officially we're East Midlands but we like to refer to it as South Midlands because that separates us from the flat cap brigade :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 08:36:29 AM by andruec »

Tags:

anything