Author Topic: Looking to buy first ever Jazz  (Read 14288 times)

Jeangenie

• Approved Member
Looking to buy first ever Jazz
« on: November 10, 2018, 09:24:12 AM »
I am thinking of buying my first ever Honda. I fancy a Jazz and a neighbour suggested I check out this site for tips.
Jean.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Looking to buy first ever Jazz
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 10:36:37 AM »
Welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of information available, all you have to do is ask. If we don't know the answer the chances are we will know how to find it. There are very few people who regret buying a Jazz, just make sure you buy the right specification for your needs. The main decisions will be engine size and transmission type. You can download the cars user manual from the Honda UK website.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:55:08 AM by Skyrider »

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 10:10:23 AM »
If you are buying new, you should be able to negotiate one or two extras.  The ones I have found useful are free servicing, spacesaver spare wheel and floor mats.  Personally I don't believe in paying extra for protective coatings, but this is a matter of opinion.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 11:18:08 AM »
If you are buying new, you should be able to negotiate one or two extras.  The ones I have found useful are free servicing, spacesaver spare wheel and floor mats.  Personally I don't believe in paying extra for protective coatings, but this is a matter of opinion.

We had protective coatings on our present jazz and civic ( diamondbrite ) and I have to say despite the fact they hardly ever get cleaned they shine up remarkably well after a bit of rain.  This is still the case after five years, so if you don't like cleaning cars it may be a good investment.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 11:41:35 AM »

We had protective coatings on our present jazz and civic ( diamondbrite ) and I have to say despite the fact they hardly ever get cleaned they shine up remarkably well after a bit of rain.  This is still the case after five years, so if you don't like cleaning cars it may be a good investment.

There's a huge debate amongst car detailing enthusiasts about these coatings. A common view is that they are worthless and won't stand the test of time. For years I'd routinely turned them down but I was curious to see if they did in fact work so, when I bought my present car in February this year I decided I'd try one if I could get the price down from £399 which was the quote for Supagard. In the end I paid £200.

We are now 9 months on and we've had the beast from the east, a very hot summer and now a normal autumn. I have to say the coating is bearing up pretty well in that water slides off the car very easily and beads up. Every other wash I use Autoglym Aqua Wax which you just spray on before drying - it adds a bit of wax.

So I now think that maybe there is something to them. I wouldn't pay full price though.

Jeangenie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 12:42:51 PM »
Went to see an ex demonstrator Sport this morning. 5,000 miles. White with black wheels. Has Honda service package. Liked it but it had graphic stripes so I will look for one without those.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 01:18:41 PM »

There's a huge debate amongst car detailing enthusiasts about these coatings. A common view is that they are worthless and won't stand the test of time. For years I'd routinely turned them down but I was curious to see if they did in fact work so, when I bought my present car in February this year I decided I'd try one if I could get the price down from £399 which was the quote for Supagard. In the end I paid £200.

We are now 9 months on and we've had the beast from the east, a very hot summer and now a normal autumn. I have to say the coating is bearing up pretty well in that water slides off the car very easily and beads up. Every other wash I use Autoglym Aqua Wax which you just spray on before drying - it adds a bit of wax.

So I now think that maybe there is something to them. I wouldn't pay full price though.

It is probably seen as akin to heresy by the dedicated car polishers that people can have a shiny car without being a martyr to the ritual ( almost religious fervour ) of having to use various arcane / esoteric systems and preparations to get similar results.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 01:20:46 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 07:25:06 PM »
Went to see an ex demonstrator Sport this morning. 5,000 miles. White with black wheels. Has Honda service package. Liked it but it had graphic stripes so I will look for one without those.
An excellent resource for finding the ex-demonstrators is the used car section on the Honda UK website https://usedcars.honda.co.uk/en/used-cars/approved-cars . It saves a lot of effort in checking individual dealers but I see some problems with the way results are filtered so it's probably best to trawl through the list of 2018 Jazzes.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jeangenie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 04:24:42 PM »
Not a great saving going for an ex demonstrator. We are now thinking of ordering a new car. We looked at PCP but the annual mileage is a bit restrictive. Still fancy the Sport. It was an automatic I drove today but I preferred the manual. I have never driven an automatic before.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 05:18:03 PM »
The key there is "I have never driven an automatic before". Like anything you tend not to see the benefits immediately. There are more, (and an increasing number) of autos in the world with good reason. The main ones they do a better job than a human, are easier to drive, and are more economical, (or can be).   ;D

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 05:22:13 PM »
The key there is "I have never driven an automatic before". Like anything you tend not to see the benefits immediately. There are more, (and an increasing number) of autos in the world with good reason. The main ones they do a better job than a human, are easier to drive, and are more economical, (or can be).   ;D

Yes - I'm a recent convert. Such a boon in heavy traffic and I spend a lot of my driving in stop start situations.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 07:04:04 PM »
Yeah the eye opener for me was when I first drove an automatic on a trip to the States. I had no problems driving it and was a bit critical of the way it climbed a couple of hills. It was only a three speed and it put on a good demonstration of hunting :-/

However when I got back home I kept forgetting to put the clutch in and found myself getting irked with having to change gear. I test drove a Civic Hybrid (Mk2) and fell in love with the CVT but was told the waiting time was months. Then the salesman pointed out that the Sport Jazz had a CVT. I hope to be able to continue with CVT until I get all electric and gear changes become unnecessary but there's now no way I'd go back to a manual gearbox. It's time they were consigned to the dustbin of motoring history along with automatic chokes and manual wipers.

guest4871

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 07:58:51 PM »
Not a great saving going for an ex demonstrator. We are now thinking of ordering a new car. We looked at PCP but the annual mileage is a bit restrictive. Still fancy the Sport. It was an automatic I drove today but I preferred the manual. I have never driven an automatic before.

Get a quote from Drivethedeal.com for an ex dealer brand new car. It ought to be cheaper than an ex demonstrator car.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 08:05:50 PM »
We drove auto cars overseas for many years and my wife had CVT when we came back to UK, but we both now have manual cars.  If I spent my life in city traffic I may well get an auto, but we are lucky enough to live in rural area. If I ever have problems that mean I cannot operate a clutch or gear lever, may get an auto - but not until then, they are not everyones cup of tea.

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 09:21:27 PM »

Try Carwow. A new one may even work out cheaper with all the discount and deposit contribution. Good luck!

Tags:

anything