Author Topic: mk3 facelift jazz s jack  (Read 2941 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
mk3 facelift jazz s jack
« on: March 04, 2019, 04:23:52 PM »
does the 2018/2019 honda jazz s have a scissor jack at the rear of the boot behind the foam incert under the boot floor like the mk2 facelift had?

i only ask as arnt you supposed to jack the wheel when putting the tyre gunk in ?

i couldnt see one when i tested a 2018 s on sat

thanks guys

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
Re: mk3 facelift jazz s jack
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 05:11:44 PM »
does the 2018/2019 honda jazz s have a scissor jack at the rear of the boot behind the foam incert under the boot floor like the mk2 facelift had?

i only ask as arnt you supposed to jack the wheel when putting the tyre gunk in ?

i couldnt see one when i tested a 2018 s on sat

thanks guys

No jack in my 2018 Honda Jazz Sport. A space is provided in the foam insert. I'm thinking about buying one of the Official Honda Spare Tyre kits as they include a new modified foam insert.

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 05:37:41 PM »
thanks for your reply

so you dont have to jack the car up any more to put the gunk in the tyre ?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 05:39:30 PM by monkeydave »

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 06:39:31 PM »
so you dont have to jack the car up any more to put the gunk in the tyre ?

No you don't need to jack the car up to put the TRK fluid in, its pushed in via the compressor rather than poured in like the old systems, you then need to drive for a short distance to distribute the fluid around the inside of the tyre

barcam

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Sport Navi CVT 2018
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 06:42:55 PM »
Have a look at this youtube movie.

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 08:32:56 PM »
great, thanks guys, good to know

also in the video they are still doing 3 years breakdown too, not one year like toyota
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 08:37:43 PM by monkeydave »

guest4871

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 11:08:44 PM »
Looks good in theory! ;)

In practice I think I would first call Honda Assist and then, to occupy my time while help arrives, I might just try what they suggest (if it was appropriate, safe and convenient to do so).

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 08:33:58 AM »
Slightly off-topic, but related; does anyone have experience of this product ?
http://www.autoseal.co.uk
The website is comprehensive but it just sounds too good to be true ... if it is as impressive as they say, why don’t manufacturers fit it as standard ?

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 09:14:51 AM »
also in the video they are still doing 3 years breakdown too, not one year like toyota
I've just extended roadside assistance for year 4 at no charge.  The local dealer will do that on request if they have serviced the car.  I extended the free cover on my Mk 2 through to year 8 when I sold the car.  I used it twice, once for an unexplained engine shut-down (solved by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery) and once for a flat battery.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 09:27:17 AM »
Slightly off-topic, but related; does anyone have experience of this product ?
http://www.autoseal.co.uk
The website is comprehensive but it just sounds too good to be true ... if it is as impressive as they say, why don’t manufacturers fit it as standard ?

Couple of motorbike mates swear by it although I have never used it,  I have a stop-n-go tyre plugger kit ( mushroom head plugs ) and some CO2 capsules with a tyre valve adaptor - fits under seat of my motorbike.. 
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2019, 10:11:01 AM »
It is the sort of thing a bike would benefit from. I had my rear tyre deflate at speed. That was scary. A front tyre would have had me off.

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2019, 10:39:18 AM »
I've just extended roadside assistance for year 4 at no charge.  The local dealer will do that on request if they have serviced the car.  I extended the free cover on my Mk 2 through to year 8 when I sold the car.  I used it twice, once for an unexplained engine shut-down (solved by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery) and once for a flat battery.

i know swansway honda did it when i had my mk2 jazz, it was free but you had to ask i didn't know other dealer groups did it as well

thanks for letting me know

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2019, 11:33:35 AM »

i know swansway honda did it when i had my mk2 jazz, it was free but you had to ask i didn't know other dealer groups did it as well

thanks for letting me know

My wife's 58 reg Mk 1 is serviced by Vertu Derby and has Honda Assist cover, renewed every year on request. Don't think it would happen without asking. They issue a new certificate every year. I was quite surprised when I discovered about it.

Tags:

anything