Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: I-SHIFT failure
« Last post by applicationcen on Today at 09:24:52 AM »
I've done 27k in my iShift so far, so good. It is a 2010 model EX iShift.

I have not taken it in to Hendy Honda for its service and MOT this year. For the first time I have taken it to Volksberg and Newbold in Torquay.

I think the service cost at Hendy would  be in the region of £275, then add £15 for a rental car to get home in. Then £8 in top up fuel for the rental car.

Would anyone recommend extending the warranty? I have had it under warranty since I bought it four years ago. Never had to use the warranty, nor call the AA service included with the  warranty.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: advice on buying a mk2 jazz
« Last post by auntyneddy on Today at 09:16:55 AM »
I have not driven a MK1 but only yesterday on the A30, I remarked to my Wife about the many comments about the I vtec engine and it's lack of power under high revs. I was in 4th going uphill and at 3000 revs it pulled very well changing into 6th and continued to accelerate. My only complaint is the vicious difference between 1st and 2nd and it is a curse with an Ishift box especially in hilly narrow lanes. Of course I can hang onto 2nd by putting it into manual.  I expect those with a manual box have the same problem as they I believe are virtually identical except the Ishift equipment.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by richardfrost on Today at 08:56:26 AM »
Well clearly I am bucking a trend. From being someone who was in the office 5.5 days a week, I am now able to work from home two to three days a week, which is purely down to the internet and remote working technologies.

My two sons both steadfastly refuse to have cars. The eldest learned to drive and did drive until he moved to London. Now his Jazz is parked on my drive here in Yorkshire and does 5 miles a month. He does not need a car in London.

My younger son is the reason I still keep the Jazz. I have said I will pay for him to learn to drive and his running costs for the car, as it is now a family asset. He is totally not interested as he can get by with buses, rides and taxis here and there.

I really do get that car manufacturers will not agree on a standard interchangeable battery though. That would take regulation and the enforcement of a 'formula' for autonomous self charging city cars.

I guess my real point is that whatever is the right solution for a city, this solution will not work in a rural environment, where journeys may be fewer in number but much greater in duration and complexity.

It seems to me that the real answer is in fuel cells and not batteries. This solution would seem to support urban and non urban vehicle types and journey patterns. It feels that the vehicle manufacturers have gone for batteries because of short term benefits and avoided the heavy continuing research that would inevitably result in a practical fuel cell solution, eventually.
New Members / Re: *Opens Door into Jazz Club*
« Last post by richardfrost on Today at 08:42:01 AM »
Hey @richardfrost - haha! Please, I want to know what they were..? :D Mentioning Ford?

The first rule of Jazz Club is - you don't talk about Jazz Club.

The second rule of Jazz Club is - you DON'T talk about Jazz CLub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC1yHLp9bWA (Fight Club)
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 08:25:21 AM »
The single biggest thing may well be cost. If autonomous ride sharing is cheap enough (they reckon it can be done cheaper than current subsidised bus fares) then people may be happy to change.
Sorry, but the laws of economics just donít work like that. It may be technically possible to run an auto-Uber service cheaper than buses, but anyone setting up such a system is going to do it in order to make money and they will charge what the market will bear in order to maximise their return. And if a large part of that market has no choice (because they canít own an EV), why should they set the charges at a low level ? Aha, you say, thereíll be competition between multiple providers. Whilst you may start off with competition in any particular area, the history of deregulated bus services suggests that the competitors merge or get taken over so you end up with one big provider who basically charges what they want.
Rectangular plastic panel do you mean? If so it's a cover for access to OBD port, relays etc. It's flimsy, but secure if seated correctly
Great thanks. I will take it out then and try and reseat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For Sale and Wanted (including ebay) / 15" steel spare wheel and Michelin tyre
« Last post by Pumpkin on February 19, 2018, 10:08:16 PM »
Brand new 15" steel rim with Michelin energy saver tyre fitted (5.5mm tread, was previously on the car before I bought a full new set)

£60. I can send by courier, or you're welcome to collect in person from Newcastle upon Tyne area for a discounted price.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Wheel compatability
« Last post by culzean on February 19, 2018, 09:57:10 PM »
We have them on our MX5, centre bore is 54.1 but Jazz needs 56.1mm (or greater which can be reduced with spigot rings).
--
TG

Note to OP it is the spigot that keeps wheel running true and takes weight of vehicle, it is important that wheel studs are there to clamp wheel to hub and not take vehicle weight.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Centre console
« Last post by jazzway on February 19, 2018, 09:53:57 PM »
Hi, Well the arm rest came off easily enough and allowed the centre console to slide into place as it is supposed to. I did wonder how to cover the hole where the arm rest was mounted but luckily the console covers this up.
Problem solved thanks guys.
Well done!
To cover the hole i am certain thereís an other plastic, like on your other front seat. You can try Lings Honda parts or a scrap yard.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: advice on buying a mk2 jazz
« Last post by stesjazz on February 19, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »
i agree with culzean. the idsi engine was brilliant with its 8 spark plugs making it produce maximum torque at only 2800rpm, it seemed to pull better. the ivtec has 18bhp more and a little more torque, but max torque is at 4800rpm, coupled with taller gear ratios, make it seem more sluggish, unless revved. but its still a great engine that wont break, just needs different driving habits to make it go,lol..  (2nd gear is that tall, that it'll do 65mph in it!!) and the mk 2 jazz is roomier.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything