Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Code maintenance notice
« Last post by Wonder on Today at 02:24:36 PM »
Thanks for the info, at least it's not just me that needs to change the brake fluid.
How old is your car?
I wanted to ask @tfw7 can you list me step by step what items I need to click on the Honda UK website to find that maintenance manual?
Thanks for your help
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Power Window Failure
« Last post by Jinbeizame on Today at 01:43:55 PM »
I am experiencing the same fault with my Jazz 2021 with 10K miles (16K km). Although all 3 door windows operate fine only the rear left fails. No noise nor vibration when pushing the button(s).  As a last resort I managed to raise the glass by human hands, then never open it until the next service comes.  This is a minor issue, but there is a looming major issue which I posted a short time ago relating to the Brake Operating Simulator of Honda HV cars. All modern cars are designed to be BIG computers, meaning even a small electronic component can/will fail without warning. Sometimes it can cause very serious consequences. Always drive this in mind.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Jinbeizame on Today at 12:59:32 PM »
My Honda Jazz, bought in Feb 2021, has developed this fault. Being a Japanese person I can check this issue in various Japanese sites (official Honda HP, etc), try to find out what's happening there. It appears Honda has issued same (or similar) product recall registered in Japan and China respectively with slightly different tones. In Japan, Honda issued the product recall relating to the failed Brake Operating Simulator involving 530K cars (across the latest models), made btwn 2/7/2018 and 15/9/2022, but in China Honda's recall sounds a little bit different (I think the same issue though).  In Japan, the main culprit is identified as corroded Brake Operating Simulator where excess oil which spilled over the electronic component or contacts, resulting in a loss of signals. The oil mentioned here is applied in production process of the Simulator, not coming from outside the unit.
I have called the Honda Assistant only to be told my Jazz is out of warranty by 3 months, can't offer any help. I thought the Honda 5 year service plan of mine could help in any way but it became clear 5 year service plan is not same as 5 year warranty. Soon I will visit my Honda dealer driving my Jazz with reduced brake performance. I hope my right foot is still strong enough to control the car.  By the way I also have another Honda car, 2022 HRV which use the same doomed Simulator.  I learn Honda has suffered a series of bake issues involving mainly their K-cars in recent years.  Do I look for elsewhere when buying a next car?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Travelling Abroad And Warranty Conditions
« Last post by Guinness 2 on Today at 12:01:21 PM »
Having checked with my local dealer about a recent service not appearing on my Digital Service Record, they have put it on as well as the PDI from a year ago (even though I didn't buy it from that dealership!).  Anyway at the back of the PDI record is 8 pages of Honda European Warranty Conditions and on the last page it states: 

'Your warranty will be honoured in most European countries as stated in the warranty conditions.  But be aware of the following recommendations:

1. Ensure that your car is checked at your Honda Outlet prior to your trip "

Has anyone done this?  It says recommendation but then ensure! What would they check for?  Will there be a charge for this recommendation ?  Will the Warranty be invalid if you don't ensure to get the car checked?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz Crosstar, raise suspension?
« Last post by Nicksey on Today at 11:01:03 AM »
If I was worried about ground clearance I’d be looking at a Dacia Duster or Sandero Stepway. A one year old Duster, with the new model on the way, is an exceptionally good bargain at the moment.

Renault powered, so reliable too.
« Last post by Jazzist on Today at 10:38:04 AM »
My car had a service this week. The mileage is 51,000 km and the brake fluid has also been replaced and the rear brakes have been cleaned.
« Last post by Wonder on Today at 10:21:35 AM »
HI,
thanks for the information and for the manual (it is not provided in Italy),
I'm amazed about replacing the brake fluid?
The car will be 4 years old but I only have 14000 km (I think about 8699 miles), in my previous cars I have never replaced the brake fluid (not even topped up) I am very perplexed by this.
It seems to me that this machine has too many maintenance costs.
Thanks for your help
I drove the first Fiat Panda 4 x 4 . It didnt have too much ground clearance but it went most places you didnt expect because of the  4 wheel. It would out perform a heavier 2wd cross star even if it had higher ground clearance.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Power Window Failure
« Last post by stefan on Today at 10:15:44 AM »
I recently purchased a used 2022 Jazz with 11k km on it. I've noticed since then the rear left power window won't operate from either door switch (all other windows work as expected). There were no sounds from the window motor - no whining or clicking - which suggests to me that the wiring might be at fault. Since the car is still under warranty, I'd avoid playing around with the fuse box or wiring. I'll bring it to the dealer whenever I have time. The reason I'm writing here is to get a sense of whether anyone else encountered any electrical issues with this model (apart from the 12v battery). I searched this forum for this specific issue unsuccessfully.

I can’t figure out how I missed this during the test drive. Perhaps I was too distracted by the consumption I was getting. Now, I'm questioning whether the issue was even present then. We've recently had some very wet and sticky snow here, which might have gotten in between the door and the body. Could it have interfered/squeezed the wiring when I was repeatedly closing and opening the door that day? I like to think I'm pretty vigilant with my cars, so it's puzzling how this could have happened.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz Crosstar, raise suspension?
« Last post by richardfrost on Today at 09:25:30 AM »
If I was worried about ground clearance I’d be looking at a Dacia Duster or Sandero Stepway. A one year old Duster, with the new model on the way, is an exceptionally good bargain at the moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10