Author Topic: Parking Sensors  (Read 2888 times)

guest6605

Parking Sensors
« on: February 03, 2017, 04:35:51 PM »
Hiya, first time posting so apologies if I miss anything out.
I have an 07 plate jazz sport with rear parking sensors. I don't have the manual unfortunately and my sensors don't work. I brought it second hand and it's the only problem it has!
For the first time in 5 months it beeped when I placed it in reverse today but it hasn't happened again. I've obviously never used them, as I haven't been able to, but it would be great if anyone has any clue on how I can fix them anyway and make them work?
Thanks!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Parking Sensors
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 04:39:13 PM »
Do your reversing lights work?

guest6605

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 08:47:57 AM »
Yup, they work no problem.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 05:13:21 PM »
Although its possibly not the answer you are after, I had parking sensors fitted by www.fittedparkingsensors.co.uk, for around £200 you are good to go again.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 07:39:40 PM »
I am guessing that there is a control box hidden behind trim in the boot somewhere.  My second guess is that it uses the reversing lights for power and has an in-line fuse, but as you got a beep today yesterday that may be OK.  It could be something as simple as a loose plug or a deliberate disconnection if they had gone haywire or become annoying.  You would need to trace the wiring to troubleshoot the issue so finding the point where they connect to the car is step 1, my third guess would be behind the trim on the drivers side of the boot.  It might help if we can determine if they were fitted by Honda or a third party.
--
TG

Tags:

anything