Author Topic: Air con  (Read 4746 times)

Lewo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Air con
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2021, 06:29:58 AM »
Yeah can hear it kicking in.
Yet to have a really hot day (well it is summer after all) to see but happy with it so far.

JazzyJazz1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 Graphite (2006)
Re: Air con
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2021, 06:33:14 PM »
Been there, done it.

Two years ago (May 2019) I had the AC system regassed by ATS using a Groupon voucher. I made the mistake of switching it on/off several times a week to keep it lubricated as and when needed. Last May last year when we had the early hot spell I realised the AC was not working though I cannot be sure when it actually started to fail. I took it back to ATS (May 2020) and got it regassed using a Groupon voucher. They could not detect a leak. However, this time I left the climate control AC setting on full time. This year (May 2021) I can confirm the AC is working but it has always struggled in hot weather and nothing has changed. I suspect there might be a pin prick leak somewhere in the condenser (terrible position under the bonnet with no protection) but I also believe the AC is simply not man enough for the job and I have heard this from other sources.

Mine is working in fine in 35 celcius, 15 year old. Given I live in Italy the airco is on 8 months of the year, believe me. And it hardly does anything to the gas milage... maybe 0.1 / 0.3 per 100km. Nothing really...

Tags: