Author Topic: No Signal From Driver Side Impact Sensor (SRS Fault code 13-3)  (Read 5627 times)

guest5667

No Signal From Driver Side Impact Sensor (SRS Fault code 13-3)
« on: September 25, 2015, 04:20:26 PM »
Hi,

I have Honda Jazz 2005. It has airbag light on. in diagnosis, it shows [13-03 No Signal From Driver Side Impact Sensor] fault.

Probably some bad connection or broken wire is causing this fault. Does anybody has experience or idea to resolve this problem?

Regards,
Awais

CRC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2003 1.4 SE Manual
Re: No Signal From Driver Side Impact Sensor (SRS Fault code 13-3)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 11:47:15 AM »
I had some problems a while ago with a seat belt pre-tensioner that was giving a low reading and got to know a bit about the SRS system on a 53 plate Jazz.

I've attached a pdf which goes some way to explaining the system and how to replace things.

Really frustrating working on an SRS system as all the experts say that under no circumstances should you use a digital multi meter to test any resistances, reason being that the voltage introduced from the DMM can cause the pyrotechnics to go bang. 

Also, be very aware that "drivers side" can mean anything ..... if the diagnostics software is American then it will probably  mean "UK passengers side". I fell into that trap.

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest5667

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 01:23:49 PM »
Thanks.
Seems like a rare issue.

guest5667

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 12:09:39 AM »
During replacement of sensor I found that Driver side means passenger side for UK cars.

Tags:

anything