Author Topic: Headlight/wipers sensor on the EX  (Read 791 times)

Jazz999

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mark3 s
Headlight/wipers sensor on the EX
« on: March 16, 2020, 07:53:30 AM »
Hi everybody. Just took delivery of 20 plate EX, had a few previous jazz cars, however not sure if I have a problem.. when it rains, the auto wipers come on, but also on some occasions, the auto lights come on, even if it's bright, and don't go off till I turn off engine. Now yesterday, this happened again at 2pm and although it was drizzling with rain, was sunshining and very bright, and headlights came on and remained on until I got home. Does this see normal ??  Thanks

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Headlight/wipers sensor on the EX
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 08:08:06 AM »
I found the lights came on in bright sunshine if I went through trees. The lights stay on for a spell after coming on (you wouldn't want them flashing on and off). How long do your's stay on for?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Headlight/wipers sensor on the EX
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 08:10:18 AM »
How many minutes between the last window wipe and you getting home? The headlights are turned on by about four wipes of the window within a fairly short time period. Once the headlights are turned on by window wiping then they stay on for several minutes after the last wiper movement (unlike the headlights coming on under a bridge or other shading after which they turn off quite quickly). I find the linkage between wipers and headlights an annoying feature as there's no differentiation between rain in bright conditions and rain in dull low visibility conditions. I hope has been fixed on the Mk. 4 Jazz.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: