Author Topic: Cross climate tyres now available  (Read 1551 times)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Cross climate tyres now available
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2022, 03:45:54 PM »
And not much choice in 185/55/R16  . Vredstein and michelin are the only ones I'd consider. But expensive

Vredstein are £102 in 16 "   but only £75 in 15"     Michelin £144 (less discount?)  in 16 "  but only £94 in 15"
or £88 for Goodyear Vectors, which would probably be my choice.  Not available in 16".   Very happy with them on my Yaris,  Better the devil you know ?

They weren't the ones I went up a muddy lane with btw..  Those were Kumho Solus ,Not bad , but a budget brand.I think my  Vectors would have done better 

Having missed out on Jazziks dealer swop  I'm thinking long term financially.  I'll probably keep the car long enough to use up two sets of tyres.    4x 16" Vredsteins £408 initially but  another £408  when they wear out. (or £576 x 2 for Michelin.

For 15" tyres on an extra set of rims =   £300 vredsteins plus the cost of the rims  (£324 for alloys in uk , or less if I can collect them in Germany or Austria  - which is a possibility for me , or even less   for steels. )  total £624 Vredstein  £676 on Goodyear or £700 on Michelin.  OR less.   I will be sharing wear with the 16" summer wheels, so wont need to buy a further set of tyres. And fewer miles with those expensive Honda wheels at risk of kerbing.   >:(   And will have the advantages of a spare set of wheels,which I get to keep when the car is sold. 

My insurer is on the ABI list of those who do not need to be informed if you fit winter tyres so I dont anticipate any problems.  The tyre/wheel combo will comply with Honda size specifications.
https://www.abi.org.uk/globalassets/files/publications/public/motor/2019/abi-guide-to-winter-driving---the-motor-insurance-commitment.pdf

But please folks, dont spend money based on my findings. Check things carefully yourself.

Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Woodmannuk

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz crosstar
Re: Cross climate tyres now available
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2022, 07:41:10 PM »
Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Evo 185/55 16V (87)  £117.92 with free lifetime guarantee national tyres and autocare

Tags: