Author Topic: CVT Judder & Xado EX120  (Read 1660 times)

Waue1978

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz GD1 CVT
CVT Judder & Xado EX120
« on: January 26, 2022, 03:29:19 PM »
Hello all.

Just wanted to add a note on the above. We bought a Jazz for my wife to learn in Jan 2020. It had 125k on it & unfortunately had a horrible judder (which we found after we'd gone with it).

As it wasn't too expensive to do, we got the CVT flushed & fluid changed by a Honda dealer for less than £200. This greatly improved it, but never banished it.

She passed her test in June 2021 & after months of searching for another decent auto, we ended up buying another Jazz with a judder (albeit a much more slight one) as, after looking at several, it seemed impossible to find one without it.

I took over the high miler this January & decided I'd give the Xado EX120 a go. The judder is pretty much gone. No matter how harshly I pull away, or accelerate from a lower speed I can't make it judder again.

Going by the success with the high miler I bought another EX120 for the other Jazz & have just driven it for the first time since adding it & we've got the same result - judder banished.

So I wanted to add a recommendation for this product for anyone who may have bought a juddery Jazz. I'm not too sure how it works, but it bloody does, & really well. It's well worth spending £20 on the EX120 & adding it (which is really easy to do yourself) rather than spending £100s at a garage.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
Re: CVT Judder & Xado EX120
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 03:41:27 PM »
Yes it does work, I added it to my CVT along with the CVT-F flush back in September 2020 and it worked immediately and has continued to be judder free. I will be changing the CVT-F again this summer at service/MOT time and for good measure Xado EX-120 will be added again.

Ed the Jazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz S 1.3 CVT
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 04:06:51 PM »
Used it on my 04 Jass Sport until the box expired (100,000+) and found it to be fantastic. Lot of the firms products are very very good and they work!

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 01:37:08 PM »
Im not a mechanic. But if you haven't done the x2 times cvt oil flush on your 2nd Jazz just do it. If I was you, I wouldn't just depend on EX120 alone only.

Cvt oil change has to done every two years and see if you have evidences on the service book whether this has done or not.
All the best.

Hello all.

Just wanted to add a note on the above. We bought a Jazz for my wife to learn in Jan 2020. It had 125k on it & unfortunately had a horrible judder (which we found after we'd gone with it).

As it wasn't too expensive to do, we got the CVT flushed & fluid changed by a Honda dealer for less than £200. This greatly improved it, but never banished it.

She passed her test in June 2021 & after months of searching for another decent auto, we ended up buying another Jazz with a judder (albeit a much more slight one) as, after looking at several, it seemed impossible to find one without it.

I took over the high miler this January & decided I'd give the Xado EX120 a go. The judder is pretty much gone. No matter how harshly I pull away, or accelerate from a lower speed I can't make it judder again.

Going by the success with the high miler I bought another EX120 for the other Jazz & have just driven it for the first time since adding it & we've got the same result - judder banished.

So I wanted to add a recommendation for this product for anyone who may have bought a juddery Jazz. I'm not too sure how it works, but it bloody does, & really well. It's well worth spending £20 on the EX120 & adding it (which is really easy to do yourself) rather than spending £100s at a garage.

Tags: