Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Dutch reach
« Last post by aphybrid on Today at 11:48:06 AM »
I personally see nothing new in these new guides in the highway code.

when I was taught al of these things were part of the general attitude to be taken and curtesy to other road users and pedestrians.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Lights on the Jazz
« Last post by Worthingmike on Today at 11:45:10 AM »
My car is shining grey and i am quite happy to drive with headlights on all day. It is surprising how early you can see a car with lights on in full sun against a car in full sun without lights on. I have shining grey becaus i didn't like the other colours. Cars today are geting more bland. Bring back the bright colours. My wifes car is bright yellow i love it. I would have one that colour and I am 72.
« Last post by richardfrost on Today at 11:42:27 AM »
Well, sort of.
I don't think we are disagreeing on the principle, but you have quoted only part of my statement, so I need to counter your 'sort of' comment. There is no 'sort of' about it. If the Dutch Reach was legally enforceable, the wording would say 'You MUST'. I'm only being picky because I am physically incapable of a Dutch Reach. In principle, I agree with the changes and certainly agree with checking behind, always.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / CVT oil change
« Last post by edam on Today at 11:22:45 AM »
I have decided to keep my MK3 and its has gone in for its 6th service today. Its only done 3000 miles in the last 2 years but they want to change the CVT oil even though it was done on the 4th service. Is this necessary?
I can understand its worth changing the engine oil even though the mileage is low but is it necessary to change the CVT oil.
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 11:15:40 AM »
PS As this applies to cars other than the Mk4 Jazz, wouldn't it be better here:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=14101.0

You are absolutely right! I should have looked over my shoulder!
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 11:11:17 AM »
I watched that bbc part and it did not state Dutch reach was a legal requirement.
It is not a legal requirement and you cannot be fined for not doing it.

Well, sort of. Using the specific Dutch Reach technique may not be legally enforceable, but the underlying law (Rule 239 of Highway Code) is that "you MUST ensure you do not hit anyone when you open your door. Check for cyclists or other traffic", which is punishable by a fine if you get it wrong. The Dutch Reach is simply a way of helping you to get it right and if you ignore that recommended technique then you'll be on a sticky wicket. And BTW, it applies to passengers as well as drivers, so we must educate our passengers as well ... remember the filmed incident when Chris Grayling (then Transport Secretary) doored a cyclist who was passing on the nearside of his stationary car?

PS As this applies to cars other than the Mk4 Jazz, wouldn't it be better here:
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=14101.0
New Members / Re: Hello from North East England
« Last post by richardfrost on Today at 11:01:25 AM »
Welcome to the forum BROC.

I gave a lot of thought to the reported issues with the various driver aids (RMDS etc) and decided I could live with turning them off if I experienced similar problems. I am glad to say during our test drive we didn't suffer from any issues. 

There has been a lot of fuss about that. For me, it makes sense as a system, but it is one I would turn off if I was off for a drive in the Dales or on the narrow roads where I live. The perfect car does not exist but I think some people on this forum would like to design it.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Lights on the Jazz
« Last post by Worthingmike on Today at 11:00:08 AM »
My car is shining grey and i am quite happy to drive with headlights on all day. It is surprising how early you can see a car with lights on in full sun against a car in full sun without lights on. I have shining grey becaus i didn't like the other colours. Cars today are geting more bland. Bring back the bright colours. My wifes car is bright yellow i love it. I would have one that colour and I am 72.
« Last post by richardfrost on Today at 10:56:26 AM »
I watched that bbc part and it did not state Dutch reach was a legal requirement.
It is not a legal requirement and you cannot be fined for not doing it. The wording says 'where it is possible to do so'. Anyone not doing it would be subject to consideration like any other non compulsory guidance.

I have actually read the changes and they are perfectly sensible. I have no issue with them. There are as many new instructions for cyclists as there are for drivers and motorbike riders. Will be interesting to see if cyclists will suddenly start obeying traffic lights.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Brodit mounts now available for Mk4
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 10:52:55 AM »
Unfortunately not for me.

I prefer to play my music rather than listen to radio stations and I have a bespoke bluetooth phone app that reminds me of speed cameras.

My music needs the 'connected' USB slot and the speedcam app performs pseudo phone calls to transmit over the car audio system.

I did ask about performing 3 actions from 1 phone but I assume from the replies that no one knows.

Good answer!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything