Author Topic: My Automatic Honda Jazz vibrate when accelerating from a stop  (Read 549 times)

MB11

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4i 2005 Automatic CVT
Hi,
I have an automatic 2005 Jazz 1.4 petrol with only 43k miles, i bought it 6 months ago and i don't remember the car vibrating in the first 2-3 months. The problem start when you want to accelerate quick from a dead stop, you can feel the whole car vibrate when going from 0 to 20 and it last 1 sec maybe 2 and then it goes smooth. The vibration is worsen the faster you accelerate, and becomes more noticeable if you let the car warm up for 3-5 min.

I took it to a mechanic, he drove it and noticed the vibration as well, he had a quick look at the engine mount and he said he couldn't figure it out and may be the CVT transmission after all and i should bring it to a honda dealership for actual diagnostic.

Quick search on google and the first thing pops up is the CVT, it seems to be a known issue in these MK1 Jazz. Has anyone experienced a similar issue, and if so how did you solve it?

Cammytammy

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 07 civic and 06 Jazz
Re: My Automatic Honda Jazz vibrate when accelerating from a stop
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 05:54:15 PM »
My partner has just bought a jazz and is having no end of issues with it so far.

It judders when trying to accelerate quite bad. And when is at gaining speed you can feel it juddering forward like a "hesitation" type of judder.

Done oil engine oil change and spark plugs and filters so far. Just waiting on a new speed sensor Wednesday and will do that with a CVT fluid change.

Might also add the XADO in and see how that goes.

Hopefully we can both fix!

Tags: