Author Topic: 2018 facelift pricing announced  (Read 7174 times)

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: 2018 facelift pricing announced
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 12:00:03 PM »
Whatever happened to the 1.0l turbo engined Jazz-its in the new Civic?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 12:14:24 PM »
A 1.3 engine with 6 speed manual box should be fine, the 5 speed box on GE is a bit of a dinosaur in this day and age.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 02:40:36 PM »

Just been reading an Autocar test of new (10th Gen) Civic 1 litre turbo,  My Naturally aspirated 1.8 VTEC has more power,  is faster 0-60 by at least 2 seconds and mpg is better (at least when I am driving) so what is the point of downsizing and turbo-ing - all that will probably happen is that NOx will increase  :o

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/honda/civic/first-drives/honda-civic-long-term-review

just goes to show that newer is not always better (car makers are not immune from doing 'quick fixes' like smaller turbo engine to give an impression of reducing emissions,  and once one car company has done it the others seem like sheep) - the 1.8 VTEC is an absolute peach of an engine mated to a great 6 speed box, and I can get over 40 mpg locally and almost 50 on a decent run.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 04:06:08 PM »
Today's Independent includes a review of the new Kia Stonic(!) fitted with a 3 cylinder 1 litre turbo.  The reviewer, Sean O'Grady reiterates doubts expressed before in this forum about the durability of these units.  He finishes his column with "I very much hope that, with the likes of Ford and VW group putting so much faith in these types of engine, they are not the next great motoring scandal waiting to happen."  With the current changes in the economy and emissions testing regimes, there is a strong case for sticking to the familiar larger engines.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 05:15:02 PM »
I can't get the Mondeo with 1.0l petrol but there you go its chase around the EU emissions......

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2018, 08:35:35 AM »
The tiny turbo engines cant meet the new format 2019 emmisions tests, the engine upsizing has already started.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/490266/european-car-makers-to-upsize-

https://www.iol.co.za/motoring/industry-news/carmakers-forced-back-to-bigger-engines-2079955
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:59:37 AM by Deeps »

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2018, 06:38:35 PM »

My guess is that this 1.5 litre engine is the same as fitted to Jazz/Fits made in Japan for elsewhere but with a turbo added.

Reviews of the new Civic generally claim the four cylinder 1.5 litre is more refined than the 1.0 litre three cylinder. The Jazz has less soundproofing so the difference would be even more pronounced.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 07:42:45 PM »
Virtually any four cylinder is more refined than a three cylinder. The more cylinders the smoother the motor. Hence V12s for Aston Martin's, Rolls Royce's and such.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2018, 08:42:07 PM »

My guess is that this 1.5 litre engine is the same as fitted to Jazz/Fits made in Japan for elsewhere but with a turbo added.

Reviews of the new Civic generally claim the four cylinder 1.5 litre is more refined than the 1.0 litre three cylinder. The Jazz has less soundproofing so the difference would be even more pronounced.

Where did you find out that the 1.5 engined Jazz has a turbo? News to me! I understood it is the same engine as the HRV.

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 10:17:11 AM »
Yes, 1.5 naturally aspirated, the same of the HRV.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2018, 04:59:51 PM »
I mentioned on another thread that I had heard the new Honda Jazz sport being advertised on my wife's radio station of choice - Classic FM. They are now sponsoring a part of the output "Classic FM in association with Honda Jazz sport" - usually my dealer bombards me with stuff about new Hondas but nothing about the Honda Jazz Sport. Are they advertising something you can't actually get yet?

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2018, 04:45:18 PM »
Where did you find out that the 1.5 engined Jazz has a turbo? News to me! I understood it is the same engine as the HRV.
The 2018 North American car of the year - Honda Accord has a turbo version of the 1.5 i4 engine, so it could be used if there's room.  Interestingly this car also has a CVT.
--
TG

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »
Jazz weighs 1098 kg, the Accord 1532 kg, That's almost half as much again. Replacing a 2 litre engine with a 1.5 normally aspirated would lack performance, hence the turbo.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2018, 06:51:01 PM »
The 2018 North American car of the year - Honda Accord has a turbo version of the 1.5 i4 engine, so it could be used if there's room.  Interestingly this car also has a CVT.
--
TG
1.5L+turbo+CVT = a bit scary :)

Maximum torque for the entire time you have your right foot on the floor.  :o

eagle123

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 se gd series
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »
--
TG
1.5L+turbo+CVT = a bit scary :)

Maximum torque for the entire time you have your right foot on the floor.  :o
Most manufacturers selling supermini will have a choice of engines petrol deisel the jazz previously had two petrol engines available.
The present one has only one the 1.3 which is good for most of the journeys.
However some will feel like getting the 1.5 with CVT a better drive as I drove a 1.3 CVT jazz MK3 it is slow to pick up speed but a smooth engine.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Tags: