Author Topic: Pre registered cars.  (Read 3878 times)

guest5079

Pre registered cars.
« on: July 15, 2017, 12:14:28 PM »
When Rover were selling off their stock, they were pre registering the vehicles I believe to improve their sales figures.
Yesterday, at a main dealer, it appeared the whole forecourt was stocked with 17 plate vehicles, is Honda going down this route to improve sales figures.
As an aside, for the 75 minutes we were there, a person was buying a car and telling everyone around what he was doing. At least three sales person were involved and when we left there was a conflab in the bosses office. Perhaps he was a jack the lad poor risk?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Pre registered cars.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 01:45:13 PM »
It's not Honda that do the pre-registering. The dealers do it to satisfy Honda. If they are not meeting their quota they pre-register the sell them at their leisure.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Pre registered cars.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 03:34:55 PM »
My first Jazz was pre-registered by Honda in Jan 2004, I purchased it in May of that year with 8 miles on clock, this was after the specs where changed slightly. (04 models had rear disc brakes, and the SE Sport gained leather steering wheel and front fog lights).

The dealer had a choice of four spread over three sites, all SE Sport manuals in Eternal Blue - maybe they were an unpopular colour/spec combination?

Tags: