Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Best Camera.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 06:13:11 AM »
My camera records at 1080p. 30 frames per second and at 140 degree wide angle view. This is perfectly adequate for a dash cam, whose footage you probable will never use. You can comfortably read number plates, but that comes down more to the lens resolution than the recording.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Main Beam Assist
« Last post by zzaj on October 21, 2018, 10:58:10 PM »
Most drivers understand how auto lights work, I have never had a driver in front puzzled enough to get out and ask me why my lights are on. As for brake lights in traffic, you don't have to stare at them. Do you always take your CVT out of drive and put the handbrake on in traffic? I don't.

Yes, I do.

Me too.

The manual says "Use neutral if you need to restart a stalled engine, or if it is necessary to stop briefly with the engine idling.
« Last post by Omits on October 21, 2018, 10:55:00 PM »
So if I donít go for an integrated rear view camera I have the choice of the Nextbase DUO HD. Does this also revert to 1040 if the rear is connected?

Iíll stick with 4hrs recording I think.
« Last post by culzean on October 21, 2018, 10:39:43 PM »
I use a 32GB class 10 card that overwrites every 4 hours of use, the files sizes are large on 1440 quad at 30 fps ( about 600MB for a 3 minute clip and at the same it also records a 70MB 'low resolution' clip suitable for viewing on a smartphone etc.) ,  I have read that 512GW will take up to 128GB memory card.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/512gw-max-sd-card-size.32384/
« Last post by Jocko on October 21, 2018, 10:38:29 PM »
When I was taught to drive buses it was automatics we were taught to drive on. At a stop you always left it in gear, and for longer stops, and when picking up or dropping off passengers, you applied the handbrake.
Even prior to that I drove automatic cars (25 years in total), and I never selected neutral when stopped. I would just apply the handbrake and take my foot of the footbrake, if there were vehicles behind.
But we have been through all this before!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Ended up with this one..
« Last post by Jocko on October 21, 2018, 10:29:22 PM »
I am expecting the stated mpg to be actually less by some 8mpg.
Depends how you drive. I beat the figures given for my Mk 1, on a regular basis.
« Last post by Jocko on October 21, 2018, 10:26:48 PM »
I use a 32 GB SD card.

I don't really feel there is a need for a rear view camera, unless a vehicle smacks you from behind then drives off without being identified. It would be nice to have, but not a necessity, and a bit of a nuisance on a hatch back!
« Last post by Omits on October 21, 2018, 10:22:29 PM »
So no rear view. What size SD card?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Battery replacement. - 2005 1.4 CVT
« Last post by Jocko on October 21, 2018, 10:21:36 PM »
I had a claim on a failed Kwik Fit battery, which had about 3 weeks to go before it was out of warranty. They replaced it, with no quibble, and at no cost to myself.
« Last post by culzean on October 21, 2018, 10:12:48 PM »
I just think it's good driving practice/good manners, not to blind the driver behind me, especially since I don't like being blinded myself.
When you have been driving over 60 years like me, it becomes second nature, there is no clutch, it is no effort, what's the problem?
Sorry to move off topic again, but it's just how i feel.

I think it is bad manners to blind the driver behind with brakelights as well,  but good manners seem to be going out of favour with a lot of drivers these days ( how many give way to cars coming up a hill any more, or even give way when the blockage is on  their side of the road but just barge through )  - a car has become just a way to get around and driving has become a chore.  If autonomous cars don't sit in traffic with their brakelights blazing, bring them on.........
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10