Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: LV. Insurance good news
« Last post by Geordielad on July 26, 2024, 10:32:59 AM »
Seeing the replies quoting Flow (Allianz) insurance I’ve just had their quote.
£430
Looks like LV are still favourite.
« Last post by Beaver on July 26, 2024, 09:31:32 AM »
I recently had my annual renewal notice and my car insurance was greatly increased from last years.  By shopping around though, I found Flow Insurance and went with their comprehensive policy.

I'd never heard of them, but they're the internet-only arm of LV.  Everything is done online and the only time you can phone them is if you have a claim to make.  All changes are made online by yourself, so there are no admin fees (for a change of address, for instance).  I lowered my premium by £120 from what I paid last year.
« Last post by ColinS on July 26, 2024, 07:43:46 AM »
I don't think it is meaningful to compare quotes from the same company to differing ages of people in different areas of the country.

Not relevant to Westy36's post where he is comparing different companies for himself.

Personally, I am a member of what was the Civil Service Motoring Association (CSMA), now called Boundless and LV offer a discount.  I also have my home insurance with them, which gives a further discount.  I am happy with the amount that I pay for the service that I receive.
« Last post by Westy36 on July 26, 2024, 07:24:43 AM »
I've tried LV many times, and they have always been expensive. They have a quality reputation for sure, but not whorth the 20% extra they seem to quote me in my opinion.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Selling a Jazz
« Last post by Westy36 on July 26, 2024, 07:22:56 AM »
I have succesfuly sold many cars privately. I'm confident in dealing with buyers and take lots of precautions to avoid problems. That would be my first choice without question.

I have no interest in lining the motor trades pockets anymore than I absolutely have to. Any margin you acheive of above the best traders prices for your car, is money for free.

The first thing you can do, for almost free, is stick a for sale sign in your car. It works! I've sold more than one car by doing so.

When it comes to any online advert, the photographs you use and the advert wording are key. Shocking photos and a poorly worded advert will not get the result you want. Lots of info online on how to write an add and photograph a car for sale.

Research the prices they go for, and price well. The Jazz is a solid choice and will always find a willing buyer.

If you're not confident in selling the car privately though, then the likes of Motorway and other trade buying firms will invariably offer a better price than part ex. For the trade, buying private has a lot of advantages over buying from auction houses such as BCA and Manheim etc which is why you get a better price.

Good luck with you sale.  :D
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Changing to branded fuel has made a difference.
« Last post by Westy36 on July 26, 2024, 07:12:41 AM »
What was the mpg difference?
I don't think there was any difference. Not using an app to track, or checking every receipt to work out mpg these days, I couldn't confirm. Our wee Jazz does >50mpg 99% of the time, and that's good enough for me.

The whole exercise was regarding throttle response, and that has improved.

I expect the fuel debate will continue as long as we run ICE motors. I doubt we'll ever be discussing which energy firms in the same manner. EDF electricity is better than EON etc  :D

I do see a lot more EV's on the road these days. Are retailers selling less fuel, which results in adding to profit per litre to cover shortfall in overall revenue? No idea, anyone fancy researching? I bet they are though.

News today https://news.sky.com/story/fuel-prices-remain-a-rip-off-competition-watchdog-declares-13185136

The CMA are still drumming their fingers then.

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Spodric on July 25, 2024, 06:21:25 PM »
Regarding’Waffle” on this subject please see “ Annual Report and Financial
Statements” for “Honda Europe Limited” For the year ended 31 March 2023

https://www.honda.co.uk/content/dam/central/cars/sustainability/governance/Honda-Motor-Europe-Limited-31-03-2023-Final-Signed.pdf
Which makes interesting reading. The financial numbers indicate a profit margin of about 1%. However, I suspect that's because the real profit is built into the price that Honda Japan charges Honda Europe for the items to be sold.

On page 67 there is a warranty provision of £235,755,000 which seems a very big number.

The notes say:

"In the current environment there are various potential legal claims ... including product liability claims such as vehicle safety, defective components ... that could be brought against the company. These legal claims can seek redress in various forms including compensation for damages, product recall and repair and punitive damages. Adverse decisions in any of these claims could require the company to pay substantial damages or undertake costly service actions or recall campaigns.

These litigations are subject to many uncertainties, and it is not possible to predict the outcome of any individual case with any certainty due to the complex nature of these claims. A provision will be raised for these claims when it is probable that there would be an outflow and the amount can be reasonably estimated. The directors continue to monitor the situation and status of any pending legal proceedings."

[my emphasis in bold]

It is not revealed how many pending legal proceedings they are talking about, nor the other parties involved. I am glad that the directors are monitoring the situation. I shall be sending Honda another claim for the directors to monitor. Or, preferably, decide to pay in full plus court costs.

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Front Seats
« Last post by Jazzik on July 25, 2024, 06:12:49 PM »
One question: Did you take an extensive test drive before purchasing...?   No...?
« Last post by Jazzik on July 25, 2024, 06:04:25 PM »
My LV= 2024 -25 quote for HONDA JAZZ EX I-VTEC AUTO (1.3 litre) was £734.71
[BTW 2023- 2024 premium was £473.42

Maybe ask LV if they made a mistake in the order of the numbers? I see the same numbers (coincidence?), but in a different (incorrect?) order.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Selling a Jazz
« Last post by 09wukd1 on July 25, 2024, 04:07:47 PM »
+1 Motorway. If selling privately take care never give a test drive you drive it, don't hand over paperwork until cash paid into your bank account.
Best to see what over Jazz are selling for locally check Auto trader for similar spec vehicles asking prices. Good luck.

Thanks for this! I will take this into account!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10