Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hi folks, does anyone have access to the torque setting figure for the drive belt idler pulley bolt on a 2003/4 jazz iDSi (with air con). I can't find it, so might have to be righty tighty on the bolt and a pint of blue thread lock. Thanks in advance. Paul.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: MOT failure worth repairing or not?
« Last post by richardfrost on Today at 05:11:19 PM »
Don't crush it. I sold mine for scrap and got £220. and that was a 2005 SE Manual. By the time I got my tax refunded I had £330 to put towards the next car.

May not be local to you but will give you a price indication.

https://baxendencarbreakers.com/scrap-my-car-locations/lancashire/burnley/
£1500 is probably a fair cost  for the chassis welding and the other essentials.  You could try for better estimates.

If a 16 year old car is otherwise in excellent condition and likely to last at least 2 more years without further expense it might be worth spending £1500 getting it  MOT'd.  But the garage have possibly taken into account   the advisories ,lurking rust etc are only going to get worse and  you might only get one more year before it fails the MOT again. 

And thats assuming  its 16 year old CVT gearbox doesnt  need expensive repairs before then  . Some cars are scrapped just  because their CVT gearboxes are beyond economic repair.  Indeed if your gearbox is in full working order it might fetch a bit above the odds as a donor car even without an MOT.

. If you spent £1500 on repairs then sold the car immediately, with a new MOT you might get slightly more than  it cost to repair, but not much more.

It can be a hard decision, but plenty of cars  go into the crusher  with not that much wrong with them. 

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: MOT failure worth repairing or not?
« Last post by jasonevans on Today at 01:52:40 PM »
If the rear suspension is corroded then it may be to much work and given the rest of the supension mounts ( front pins etc ) are on there way out then it maybe time to let the car go.

Perasonally I would start looking for another car or get a couple of quotes from a few garages to see if the repair price is any lower.  If not, Scrap it.  ( Sorry , might not be what you want ot hear ).

Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / MOT failure worth repairing or not?
« Last post by mikebore on Today at 01:42:45 PM »
My granddaughter's 2008 1.4 SE CVT has just failed its MOT. The report she was given is attached.

The garage (who my son says are trusted) say it is not worth repairing, and have quoted £1500 which I assume is for the essentials not the advisories.

What do others think?

Thanks

Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Lets be positive about the Jazz
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 11:11:31 AM »
Yep ditto, I would say it's in the top 3 of cars ive owned.  And it certainly is THE most versatile car ive owned.  For its size its packaging is amazing!

Yes, over the years Iíve had many cars, mostly from the Rover stable, from Metros to V8 Rovers/Landrovers and think overall,  this Mk4 is the best yet and most versatile.
Just taken delivery today of my 3rd Mk4, after a minor parking set to,  with a steel girder, garage door post. Honda wanted an arm and a leg to repair it, talking about new panels here and there. Decided it was a better proposition to P/X it in the damaged state. Now 87 so itís probably my last.  ;D ;D

Yes, quotes for repairs can be eye watering and perhaps explains why insurance companies often write cars off that look eminently repairable.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Selling a Jazz
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 06:00:16 AM »
+1 Motorway. If selling privately take care never give a test drive you drive it, don't hand over paperwork until cash paid into your bank account.
Best to see what over Jazz are selling for locally check Auto trader for similar spec vehicles asking prices. Good luck.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Sun visor courtesy light
« Last post by Wonder on June 17, 2024, 08:00:45 PM »
Hi everyone,
I saw that on the new Jazz there are courtesy lights under the sun visor,
In your opinion, is it possible to also fit them in an EX model car?
Holes are already provided in the fins, but I don't understand if we need to make an electrical connection or if perhaps the lights are battery operated.
Any advice or opinions?
Thanks everyone for the replies.
(Sorry for the errors, I used Google Translate)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Lets be positive about the Jazz
« Last post by Kenneve on June 17, 2024, 07:08:08 PM »
Yep ditto, I would say it's in the top 3 of cars ive owned.  And it certainly is THE most versatile car ive owned.  For its size its packaging is amazing!

Yes, over the years Iíve had many cars, mostly from the Rover stable, from Metros to V8 Rovers/Landrovers and think overall,  this Mk4 is the best yet and most versatile.
Just taken delivery today of my 3rd Mk4, after a minor parking set to,  with a steel girder, garage door post. Honda wanted an arm and a leg to repair it, talking about new panels here and there. Decided it was a better proposition to P/X it in the damaged state. Now 87 so itís probably my last.  ;D ;D
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Selling a Jazz
« Last post by TonyH on June 17, 2024, 01:52:57 PM »
How much would you be looking for ? 8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10