Author Topic: Wind deflectors  (Read 1816 times)

Mo_1986

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 09 Jazz 1.4 EX
Wind deflectors
« on: December 25, 2018, 09:16:46 PM »
Has anyone got any pics of their mk2 with wind deflectors fitted?
Was thinking of getting either climair or team heko.
The team heko on my 535d are great but there's no pictures of them fitted to a Jazz.

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
Re: Wind deflectors
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 04:15:28 PM »
Hi Mo, I don't have any pics of my car with wind deflectors, but i can tell you that I opted for the Climair option after researching both sets. I found that many reviews said problems with team heko option were, although less expensive, as they are 'stuck onto' the car, that some had been lost on A roads & motorways!

Due to the cost & practicality, I only purchased the 2 front door wind deflectors for best part of £50.00, as we vary rarely have passengers in rear. As for looks, I prefer the look of Climair also as these actually 'slotted into' the window aperture & look more factory fitted! I will say now, that if you opt for these Climair, when you 1st take delivery and offer them up to windows, you will think you ordered/were sent wrong size...you haven't/weren't sent wrong. These have to be gently bent in order to be fit...don't be frightened they won't break on you, but it does take a bit of force to bend and insert. It is advisable to have someone help...4 hands are better than 2 on this occasion. Again, I can assure you these will not look out of place and will also allow windows open, in windy & rainy conditions, without getting soaked! (A further reason we decided to fit deflectors is that we are both smokers & need windows open when we do smoke).

That's pretty much all the info and advice that I can offer on matter, but either way, good luck with whichever purchase you make and, again am sure will enhance the look of your Jazz.

Mo_1986

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 04:36:21 PM »
Thanks for your reply, i will checkout the climair ones.

GSX600FMAN

• 2014 Jazz Hybrid GP1
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: GE6 1.4EX, GG6 1.4EX. Now Jazz Hybrid (2014) April 2019
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 03:29:58 PM »
Look out for the Mugan versions of the wind deflectors. They are great in my opinion. I've had them on my red and blue version and will look again if I replace this one too. Current version is 2010.

Basil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.2 S Mk2 - GG5 & 1.5 Sport Mk3 - GK5
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 03:10:21 PM »
I'd like to point out that the team Heko defelctors are not "stuck on" and actually fit into the window aperture and have to be bent into place as described above for the Climair version.

I'm not saying the are the same quality as I've not seen the Climair version but I'm quite happy my team Heko and very good value at £30 for a set of four including delivery.

smilertoo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.39l Honda Jazz 2004 Ice Blue - 45mpg max/40mpg normal
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 03:57:04 PM »
My Heko deflectors came with double sided tape strips on them.

Mo_1986

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 05:25:43 PM »
I'd like to point out that the team Heko defelctors are not "stuck on" and actually fit into the window aperture and have to be bent into place as described above for the Climair version.

I'm not saying the are the same quality as I've not seen the Climair version but I'm quite happy my team Heko and very good value at £30 for a set of four including delivery.

Hi, i don't suppose you have any pictures?
I have heko on my 5 series and they are brilliant the quality is great and has been on my car for 4 yrs+

Spencer69

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ I-VTEC SI 5 dr (nearly)!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 06:14:18 PM »
Hi Basil, Apologies I got this descript wrong. My post was based on my own enquries here few years ago when I was asking same question & recent reply was based from memory. When I looked at heko it could have been due to there being a link in older post sent by another member (not suggesting other member at ay fault obviously) & that option was what I looked-I was not aware then, nor until now, that heko do the insertion type as oppose to stick on, albeit with M3 double sided, and hence why I, then, opted for the climair...which to date have caused no problems whatsoever.

Again, apologies for any inadvertent misleading.

Tags: