Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Opinions on CVT noise
« Last post by PotentialBuyer on Today at 12:05:33 AM »
Hi all.

I'm looking for members' opinions on my groaning CVT transmission on a 2011 EXL. It drives perfectly fine - no jerkiness, and at 51+ mpg.

I've linked to two of my mp3 files to illustrate:

1. Going downhill at about 30mph where engine braking occurs https://jmp.sh/s/eTESDv0gRvIipJvtQYvn

2. Going uphill where I switch between D and S modes https://jmp.sh/s/yPHECtZL8tHAsu59WXhg

I think it might have sounded this way since I bought the car a few years ago, but I'm not 100% sure.

Although, I think I am perhaps just far more conscious of the sound these days since the mechanic passed comment on it after my last MOT.

He said it is quite common in Hondas with the CVT. I've since had the CVT fluid changed by Honda, and it has made no discernible difference.

Is he right? Is it meant to sound this way? Is it merely ageing and nothing to worry about? Can it be remedied?

I'd be interested in hearing about any similar experiences members have had.

Thanks.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by eskatephil on May 07, 2024, 11:48:59 PM »
Any idea whats the name of that adapter? I might pull the trigger for the joying radio at some point as it looks really good. And I want both of the USB ports to be working (even if only one of them will be the carplay enabled odb port) I presume this is the cable which I am after (check photo)

Additionally can you guys tell me how is the built in microphone perfoming? Is it good enough or should I wire out the external one included?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Honda Jazz 2019 Stock Radio
« Last post by eskatephil on May 07, 2024, 11:46:04 PM »
Anyone had much luck with doing anything "extra" with the stock radio? Can you actually install any extra apps to it (like Waze).

Other to that - is the Honda App center still a thing? When I try to connect (I mobile hotspot my internet) I get this message (check photo attached)

Other to that what time zone should I use for this radio (I dont see GMT+1) just some random ones which I never heard of.

I presume "installing" carplay on this radio is not a thing?

ColinB

I want to thank you for helping me solve my issue with the menu not showing.

So after you mentioned about the car having to be in park mode in order for the menu to show up I eventually connected some dots which lead me to think that maybe my ODB port programmer is the issue.

I have bought an odb auto-door locker (locks the doors once they are in D or Reverse and unlocks when in Parked - bought it as an safety feature for my partner as I dont want to rely on us remembering to lock the doors once we are on the road)

I thought that possibly the odb door programmer is sending out some messages to the system so it thinks its in Drive (when in reality its not) - so after pulling out the programmer I got the menu again.

I just wanted to thank you for this as It was driving me mad (I thought I reprogammed some canbus stuff in my car because of that 3rd party radio).

Fortunately everything is ok now - thank you ever so much again.
Thanks a lot, I've changed my mind to buy optional connector from Japan and voltage dropper. I believe it is going to be the best way available.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / What is this ?
« Last post by Cammytammy on May 07, 2024, 08:51:21 PM »
What is this part ? Managed to snap the connector block right off and now car won't start.
Hybrid / Re: Is this the 2025 Jazz
« Last post by aphybrid on May 07, 2024, 08:14:32 PM »
not just the seats that are taking the p...
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by coldstart on May 07, 2024, 08:13:00 PM »
I have had the delaminating windscreen, mirror replaced and washer nozzle replaced. 72 plate. More than anything I have had to do with all 12 of my previous Renaults (one had to have a new coil).

And - if I rembember correctly - both the delaminating windscreen and the mirror where replaced under warranty - so: no financial harm done!

(I don't remember the nozzle - which btw is a tricky subject, as it could easily be clogged by mixing incompatible washer fluids - no offence!)

The brake simulator issue is quite another pair of shoes imho as it is both security-relevant and expensive to fix with (so far) unclear standing of Honda UK coughing up for the repair (at least!) plus the inconvenience of a car hire!

I won't bore you with my (quite expensive) issues I had with Volkswagen...
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by coldstart on May 07, 2024, 08:02:34 PM »
There is a poll "Which Mk4 Jazz do you own?" and  total 267members voted. This means that 267 forum members own a Mk4 Jazz.

The poll means that there are at least 267 members owning a MK4 Jazz  :D

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by chrisv on May 07, 2024, 07:25:48 PM »
Hi,
Failed
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything