Author Topic: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure  (Read 180911 times)

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Reply #330 on: Today at 09:56:00 AM »
On the Facebook Jazz eHEV Owners UK page, this has been discussed many times. There is a person who was in the process of buying a low mileage 23 Crosstar, but was concerned after reading about the brake failure. So much so, she asked the dealer. I quote from her post:

I did actually ask them about the brake sensor problem. It WILL be covered by Honda AND there WILL eventually be a recall issued but the retailer assured me that I would not be paying a fortune for a known problem. That said, I did take out the extended warranty and a service plan.

Was this in writing?  It was probably a salesman who she was speaking to. Would you really take that as Honda's position?

I can only quote her words as she wrote them. She has been asked by another member who the dealer was, but as yet she hasn't replied.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
« Reply #331 on: Today at 11:41:35 AM »
Off topic I know, our a/c packed up, apparently it's a leak at the condenser, Honda build quality isn't what it was.
I had the same thing on my Crosstar last summer, replaced under warranty but it took several months to get the part.
Same happened to my Jazz last summer. Took over two months for the replacement condenser to arrive so we endured the hottest part of the summer without air-con. This is my seventh Honda and definitely the most unreliable. I will be trading it in for a Kia very soon.
I jumped (out of Honda) before I was pushed. Reading the various fora, I saw that Honda reliability was not as it used to be. Although to be fair I have never had any problems with my 8 Hondas going back 23 years. Latterly, I haven't kept them long enough for anything to go wrong!
I swapped my CR-V Hybrid for a s/hand eNiro. Best car I have ever owned (out of 79)
7 year warranty and FREE 7 year connectivity.
It's only down side is that in spite of the 7 year warranty you only get ONE year breakdown. Perhaps Kia have more faith in their products than do al the manufacturers who only offer three years WITH 3 years breakdown, which you may well need!
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #332 on: Today at 11:51:44 AM »
The first post on this topic of brake failure was in January. We are now in May. Honda U.K. will have known about this problem even longer and have far more information than is reported on this forum. Honda E and other Honda models have the same issue. Judging from their behaviour so far, I wouldn’t hold one’s breath for a recall.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #333 on: Today at 06:22:59 PM »
While it isnt acceptable we have the attitude of honda for claims outside warrantry on tbe brake simulator-i have considered moving to other brands when my jazz reaches three years old . And while toyota and lexus ( new LBX) offer 10 year warrantry the service intervals are 10,000 miles . They dont offer a discounted servicing plan like honda . Also their fixed price servicing is a step above hondas pricing so over 100,000 miles its not much different to pay for honda extended warrantry and cheaper servicing .. having test driven the lexus and toyota yaris cross i still really rate my jazz -so im keeping it!

Tags:

anything