Author Topic: Just bought a 2nd hand Jazz - how do I know what trim level it is  (Read 4189 times)

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
Re: Just bought a 2nd hand Jazz - how do I know what trim level it is
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2019, 06:23:20 PM »
Hi jocko

Our jazz si only shows rear demist but I am sure (I think) that it has heated mirrors

Many thanks

John

CSL99

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2019, 11:12:50 PM »
Jocko I have the same wheels as your own Jazz in your picture up-thread.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 04:18:01 PM »
The steel wheels are standard on the Mk 1 S. All the other higher spec models come with alloys. Steel wheels on the Mk 1 have the 175/65R14 tyres. Alloys on the Mk 1 are 15". Later models have 15" and 16" alloys.
Looks like you have an S. If your A/C is working, then with cold air blowing through and the A/C off you get ambient air. Switch the A/C on, and withing several seconds you should be able to feel a marked drop in temperature of the air from the vents. My Volvo would give you hypothermia!
The S didn't have remote locking so it looks if you have replacement keys. Open them up and see if there is anything in them, and if so, try a new battery. Perhaps your car has been upgraded at some time in its past.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2019, 11:48:26 AM »
is there a website that will tell me what I have .  It seems I have a 1.2 S - I have a remote with buttons that doesnt work but one of the topics here tells me a 2006 1.2 doesnt have a remote key entry

Any assistance welcomed !

THanks !

PS VIN Plate starts JHMGD57305S2

Other info GD5

L12A1-403xxxx3

Your trim level is 'S' but as you are in Ireland the spec maybe be different to a UK 'S' model. UK 'S' models didn't have remote locking, air con or heated door mirrors. That you've said you have a key with two buttons suggests your car did come with remote locking as standard so it sounds like a flat battery in the remote.

I was under the impression they all had heated mirrors. If you do have heated mirrors, they should come on with the rear demister.
Rear demister works fine, but it does nothing to the mirrors. I would have thought both mirrors having gone open circuit unlikely. Cars that do have heated mirrors don't have a secondary fuse after the demister fuse.

Pre-facelift (late 2004) Jazzes have a seperate button for the heated mirrors (where fitted) next to the mirror adjustment. The heated mirrors switch was combined with the heated rear window at facelift (late 2004) to make way for the folding mirrors switch.

Bear in mind the spec may be different where the OP is.
GD5 is the European spec, the same as mine.

GDx is the chassis code and has no bearing on the specification.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 12:09:10 PM »
UK 'S' models didn't have remote locking, air con or heated door mirrors.
That answers my question about heated mirrors!

CSL99

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 10:04:58 AM »
I tried replacing the battery , there is now a red light but it still doesnt unlock.

The aircon is working fine nice cool air, need to replace the led indicators by the look of it.

I doubt anyone upgraded this, its been through the wars .... solved most of the problems now

left with

1) leds for A/c
2) locking - should it work
3) EGR ( but after doing some research it looks like a common topic so not for here )

Tags:

anything