Author Topic: windscreen pitting  (Read 2441 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
windscreen pitting
« on: April 18, 2016, 05:42:20 PM »
i just discovered another pit mark on the windscreen to add to the collection, i never had this problem with the 2004 civic i had and the chips on the bonnet paint too

i really cant see myself getting another jazz when i upgrade if it is the same with the mk3, prob go for a kia rio or yaris instead

how many of you have lots of pits off the motorway?

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: windscreen pitting
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 05:51:47 PM »
Any modern small car without much of a bonnet and a big screen (ie pretty much all of them) will suffer from stones hitting the screen because there is nothing to stop them. Add to this the modern trend not to fit mudflaps and the short rear overhang of modern cars (a wheel at each corner) and you have a recipe for throwing stones up all over the place.

Country lanes can be as bad as motorway,  I keep a distance back from vehicles in front on B roads because if a car comes the other way and the car in front of you pulls over to left  their wheel can pick up all sorts of missiles from the edge of the road.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:29:30 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 06:12:36 PM »
and it doesn't help when they cut back in less than a cars length after an overtake 

guest4871

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 07:22:18 PM »
It is sometimes the car coming towards you which has flicked up the stone and leaves it in their slip stream.

guest5251

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 07:38:19 PM »
for your paint chips have a look at the following link it seems pretty amazing.

http://www.drcolourchip.co.uk/

Tags: