Author Topic: Honda Jazz MPV!  (Read 3263 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Honda Jazz MPV!
« on: July 12, 2008, 04:14:46 PM »
Ever wished the Jazz had eight seats? No, we didnt, but someone certainly did, because what you see here is the Honda Freed, Honda's new domestic Japanese MPV. Based on the Jazz's platform, the Freed is smaller than the Civic and uses clever packaging to offer either 5, 7 or 8 seat configurations. The Freed is powered by a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine producing 118bhp and comes the option of four-wheel drive or either CVT or 5-speed auto versions.

Honda have no plans to sell the Freed outside of Japan. While insiders suggest the Freed could prove popular in the US where it could steal sales from Toyota's Sicon brand, the Freed would be too left-field for European tastes. We do think though that the Freed could make a good base for a commercial vehicle, although this hardly fits in with Honda's on-the up image, which is widely regarded by industry gurus as being the Japanese brand with the best chance of breaking in to the German-dominated premium arena, thanks no less to the latest Civic and Accord models.

Best left in Japan we think.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 08:46:33 PM by RichardA »

Tags:

anything