Author Topic: Master Power Window Switch Recall  (Read 25365 times)

guest593

Re: Master Power Window Switch Recall
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 03:18:40 PM »
I've just received a letter from Honda UK saying there could be a fault with the master power window switch in my 2004 Jazz. Basically it says that "under certain conditions, water or other liquids may get into the driver's side master power switch....."
It goes on to say that this could cause it to overheat and  in extreme cases cause a fire but no problems have been reported in the UK and that they will contact me again within the next 3 months to have an addition seal fitted.
Has anyone else had one of these letters and has anyone had a problem with the master power switch?

guest869

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 03:55:54 PM »
Yep, I received one too.

I have never had a problem with the switch but I am sure I have read about some problem in this area in the past.

However I have noticed that if my window is open any water on the roof tends to run in and land on the switch. This is most noticable at the start of the journey when the roof has water on it and I approch the first junction, and lower the window for better visability.

Also I do notice a draught coming up through the switch when driving. The revised seal will probably cure this.

guest809

• Topic Starter
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 06:21:57 PM »
I too had a letter this week but the indication that it will be up to three months before the car gets recalled tells me the risk of a problem is very small.

Edit by Admin 20/2/2010 - merged topics

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 01:58:50 PM »
I've had one too.

I've noticed that when it last snowed the snow would fall onto the window switch area when I first open the door.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 02:31:05 PM »
Everyone with a Jazz 2002-2008 should of received a letter by now. Anyone who hasn't and their Jazz is the old model between 2002-2008 should enquire at their nearest dealer.

I went to my dealer and they said the 'switch covers' won't be with us until the start of March. Also it would take about a hour to do.

I don't think you have to wait for Honda UK to contact you within the next three months. Just go down to your nearest Honda dealer who will let you know when they will have the 'switch covers' in stock.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »
The recall letter is from Honda UK possibly via the DVLA database so it shouldn't matter if you are no longer in touch with the suppling Honda dealer or bought the car outside of the Honda dealer network.

guest856

• Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 08:42:28 PM »
Had the letter from Honda last Weds saying they will be in touch in the near future to book it in,  but not to worry, which we're not, Steve

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
I also had a letter. I part-exed the car against a GE in October!!  ???

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »
I enquired at the local Honda Garage when my MOT was due.  They advised they couldn't do anything and we had to wait until we got the letter.  I have now received this.  I will also ask them to check any of the other points that might be covered like the wheel bearings etc...

guest593

• Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 10:36:10 PM »
I was done yesterday, painless!!!
Took just over 1 hour

guest1013

• Topic Starter
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »
Hi
   Just had my master switch done at my local Honda dealer, took about an hour no charge, nothing visible to denote that the job has been carried out and nothing in writing, I guess anyone purchasing an affected vehicle could check with Honda it should be on the computer.
                                     regards

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 07:29:57 PM »
If you go on the Honda website there is a section on vehicle recalls.

Just enter the VIN number of the vehicle concerned and it will tell you if its subject to any outstanding recalls.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 10:45:31 PM by JazzyB »

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 08:47:01 PM »
Hi
   Just had my master switch done at my local Honda dealer, took about an hour no charge, nothing visible to denote that the job has been carried out and nothing in writing, I guess anyone purchasing an affected vehicle could check with Honda it should be on the computer.
                                     regards

No label or anything under the bonnet or on the slam panel? My Dad's Hyundai Getz was recalled for a fault in the ABS system, and the dealer put a label under the bonnet or on the slam panel stated the recall had been carried out.

Also, does this problem effect the S models? I read on another website these models aren't affected but the reason stated was that they don't have electric windows. This of course is incorrect as the 1.2/1.4 S have electric windows at the front only.

In theory they could have a different master swtich. Anyone out there with a 1.2 S or 1.4 S had the work done, or been contacted about it?

guest869

• Topic Starter
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 06:53:16 AM »
I have a 53 S and that has been recalled.

Tenrab

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 06:02:52 PM »
I sold my 2005 jazz to my son February 2009 and sent the DLVA change of owner doc off confirming his address.
I have just received the master window switch recall letter addressed to me! I immediately called Honda UK and advised them of the correct owners details which they updated on their data base.
They confirmed that DVLA do not notify them of change of owner automatically!!!
Thought you should be aware of this if you have not received your letter yet, so go and check it out with your dealer.  ;)

Tags:

anything