Author Topic: Gear B Jazz EX 2022 model  (Read 18136 times)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Gear B Jazz EX 2022 model
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2024, 11:27:52 AM »
Not sure why this has diverged into a discussion of "coasting" (whatever that is in a hybrid). My comment last night was supposed to be a contribution towards the "Should I use B or D?" debate. The answer, of course, is the same for any car whether ICE, EV, or hybrid: you should drive in whatever "gear" (I use the term knowing it's not strictly accurate here) best suits the road conditions. But to do that you need to know the upsides and downsides of the different options, and the advice from the hypermiling guru seems logical to me.

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
Re: Gear B Jazz EX 2022 model
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2024, 01:38:59 PM »
The Sport variant uses the same regen system as the HR-V and e:nY1, ie four levels of regen operated by up and down paddles on the steering wheel. In Normal driving mode the regen is cancelled when the car thinks it is no longer required, eg after stopping at a road junction. This would imply Honda thinks it's more efficient to only use regen when the road conditions require rather than all the time. Paradoxically in Sport mode the regen levels are remembered until cancelled by the driver (maybe assuming fuel efficiency is not required when driving this way). I imagine this system will be implemented on all Jazz models in future.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 01:40:47 PM by Bristol_Crosstar »

Tags:

anything