Author Topic: Broken switch  (Read 1573 times)

pintofale

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 EX
Broken switch
« on: August 02, 2023, 04:32:25 PM »
Hello, I've managed to break the rear demister switch - it's the one on the left of the set of four buttons on the middle console, below the radio.  It still works but the plastic is cracked and pushed in in the middle.  I would like to replace it but I have two problems - one, no idea where to get it from, and two, no idea how to remove the switch unit!  Can anyone help please?  Thanks!

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Broken switch
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 06:10:46 PM »
Took me a while to find it, but it's in the manual.

http://hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html

Under the section titled 'HVAC'. - 'Rear Window Defogger Switch Test/Replacement'

With regard to a replacement. I'd try ebay. Then my local dealer and Cox Honda. If you've a local breakers yard with a Jazz in, might be worth a call.

HTH
 :)

ianhj

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 09:29:54 AM »
I'd second getting one off eBay just double check the internal bulb works before fitting everything back together. 

I replaced the internal bulb on a 2004 GD Jazz a number of years ago and its certainly doable but it is time consuming. I've also had the radio console out on our GE. Again doable and actually I was a bit quicker as it was very similar in process to the GD.

Check out this link: its extremely detailed but shows exactly whats involved.  If you're going to to replace it I'd be tempted to replace the internal bulbs on the other two switches as well so you don't have to repeat it all again in 18 months time  ;)

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/96760-how-replace-rear-defrost-button-light.html

Good luck.

pintofale

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 12:11:32 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I think it's it's just not available anywhere, either on ebay or parts suppliers or even from Honda spares.  So I will just have to try a slightly neater repair!

pintofale

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 11:38:36 AM »
Thanks!  I just bought the second one.   :)

pintofale

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2023, 03:37:18 PM »
Replacement module fitted and it only took ten minutes, very easy.  If anyone needs any of the (working) buttons or bits from my old module give me a shout.

Tags: