Author Topic: New Jazz Owner  (Read 1561 times)

Brian_I

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC ES Plus 5dr
New Jazz Owner
« on: July 14, 2018, 02:56:27 PM »
Hello all! Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself!

I bought my first ever Honda yesterday, a 63 plate Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC ES Plus 5dr. Just over 53,00 miles on the clock, 30,000 of which was done between the this years mot and last year! Very good condition throughout.

Previous car was a 2013 Vauxhall Meriva, which was having ongoing serious electrical power steering issues. Was fixed first time around a couple of years ago under warranty  by Vauxhall, but not this time!  So rather than spending £1500+ on repairs (and no doubt the fault re-occuring), I fixed the problem by part exchanging for a Honda Jazz.

The Jazz is surprisingly roomy inside, and generally seems better made  - even the key fob feels reassuringly heavy ;-)

Anyway, here's to many years happy motoring in my Jazz.

Regards,

Brian.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: New Jazz Owner
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 04:28:18 PM »
Welcome, Brian. I too am on my first Jazz, and love it. Hope you have many happy years of motoring with it.

Brian_I

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 07:01:55 PM »
Welcome, Brian. I too am on my first Jazz, and love it. Hope you have many happy years of motoring with it.

Thank you! I do intend on actually keeping this car on the road for as long as I can.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 07:22:18 PM »
Welcome aboard Brian, the MK2 is about the most reliable and trouble free car on the roads, and at 50,000 miles is just about run in nicely. If you not sure of battery history 5 years is about the right time to replace it, it may last a few more years, then again it may not and there is a reason the longest warranty you can get on a battery ( unless you pay about £150) is five years.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Brian_I

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 08:47:24 PM »
Welcome aboard Brian, the MK2 is about the most reliable and trouble free car on the roads, and at 50,000 miles is just about run in nicely. If you not sure of battery history 5 years is about the right time to replace it, it may last a few more years, then again it may not and there is a reason the longest warranty you can get on a battery ( unless you pay about £150) is five years.

Thanks Culzean.  May think about getting the battery tested before the winter sets in, and if needed stick a new one in :-) 

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 10:36:56 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

guest7675

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 11:07:03 AM »
Hi de hi to honda power.