Author Topic: New facelifted model user manual download?  (Read 1725 times)

mcderd

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi CVT
New facelifted model user manual download?
« on: April 19, 2018, 10:48:16 AM »
Hi All,

I am getting close to ordering an EX Navi CVT, I would love to have a read of the user manual to check a few things out, for example: how easy is it to turn the intelligent speed limiter on and off? Is this done through the steering wheel/stalk controls od do you have to go into the settings on the head unit to change form normal speed limiter to intelligent speed limiter?

I have searched but cannot find a downloadable user manual for the up to date UK model?

Does anyone have a link?

TIA mcderd

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: New facelifted model user manual download?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:40:06 PM »
I don't know of a downloadable user manual for the Jazz ... you might find one for the Fit but it isn't quite the same

Re the speed limiter, there's a single button on the steering wheel which enables you to switch easily from cruise control to speed limiter to "intelligent" speed limiter. Personally I don't use the latter having had some embarrassing incidents when it's misread the road sign.

mcderd

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 04:54:36 PM »
Thanks, Yes I have found one for the Fit, read some things in it then found out they do not apply to UK model, which is why I was looking for a UK specific one.

Thanks also for the cruise/limiter/intelligent limiter info, I was hoping it would be easy to toggle between them.

I am reluctant to ask dealer too many questions because up to now they do not seem that well informed. When I take the plunge I am sure I will find out a lot of things I don't even know about yet.

guest4871

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 06:00:29 PM »
I doubt if there is a download - there should be!

My best thought is, rather than ask the dealer (who in my own experience also will be very ill informed) sit in the dealers with a copy of the manual of a display car.

Or, worst case, invest in ordering a hard copy manual from the dealer before you buy - could save an expensive decision.

mcderd

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 08:15:41 PM »
You're correct, there should be a download, it's 2018 after all lol.

I might just have to go and sit in the dealers with a manual and read, I know they have to know about all models, but I believe I know more about the new Jazz than the dealers I have been to and I have only been researching it for about 10 days  ;)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 09:01:07 PM »
You're correct, there should be a download, it's 2018 after all lol.
This is a company that released a car with an infotainment unit built on a version of Android that had been superseded a several years earlier. Car manufacturers still struggle with IT. Most of their websites are clunky and poorly laid out.

mcderd

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 06:14:51 PM »
Agreed, my phones and tablets are on Nougat, I think Honda are still running KitKat?

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 07:42:28 AM »
... I think Honda are still running KitKat?
I wish ! My car is on Android 4, which I think is Ice Cream Sandwich. Don’t know if the 2018 models are any more up to date ?

mcderd

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 11:15:00 AM »
Oh wow! That's like running a modern PC on windows 3.0

Tags: