Author Topic: Disappointed  (Read 1073 times)

wp205

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2019 ex navi
Disappointed
« on: January 18, 2022, 08:44:08 PM »
Previously owned a 2008 Sport (CVT) jazz, It finally proved too expensive to repair. Late 2021 I purchased a replacement 19/20 (EX-Navi CVT) with 4k on the clock. What a disappointment :(
The boot is smaller that the 2008 model.
The door pockets are miniscule.
No small parcel shelf on the drivers side.
The manual boot and bonnet releases are in the (dark) footwell on the drivers side, difficult to distinguish between the two.
That's just the interior.
The Engine is very noisy and you can hear the tappets rattling around like tin cans.
The CVT gearbox is something else, it faffs around like some old granny, cannot make it's mind up what "virtual" gear it should be in, from a standing start at a constant 2k revs it takes 1/2 mile to reach 30mph, which can be embarrassing, the only option is to floor it to get a decent response from the engine/gearbox.
I appreciate that all the gadgets and gizmos are far removed from you old 2008 jazz, but in my view some of the gizmos are pure marketing and others are downright dangerous.
eg the heating controls are now via a touch screen, meaning you have to take your eyes off the road to make any adjustments. various warning notices  (eg lane departure)again means you have take your eyes off the road to look  at them. The list goes goes on.
As for the useless gizmos, automatic reading of speed signs, if I cannot use my MK 1 eyeball to read the speed signs I should not be driving. Cruise Control, with the volume of traffic in the UK this function is useless.
The list goes on

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Disappointed
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 09:14:25 PM »
Welcome. To be honest, these are things you should have spotted at first look at the car. Perhaps you did and decided you could live with them, then got scunnered when you discovered other things you did not like. Did you give the car a good test run, on roads you knew and comparing against your old Jazz?
I can understand your dislike of touch screen controls. Marketing gone mad.

aphybrid

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 54.46
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar Shiny Grey
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 09:11:19 AM »
That is very unfortunate, hopefully your next Honda will be more satisfying.

I tried another make a couple of years ago and whilst it was a very good car (Fiesta ST LineX) returning to the Honda after a long test drive has been an absolute pleasure.

Good luck, stay well.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 10:01:19 AM »
Previously owned a 2008 Sport (CVT) jazz, It finally proved too expensive to repair. Late 2021 I purchased a replacement 19/20 (EX-Navi CVT) with 4k on the clock. What a disappointment :(
The manual boot and bonnet releases are in the (dark) footwell on the drivers side, difficult to distinguish between the two.
That's just the interior.
The Engine is very noisy and you can hear the tappets rattling around like tin cans.
The CVT gearbox is something else, it faffs around like some old granny, cannot make it's mind up what "virtual" gear it should be in, from a standing start at a constant 2k revs it takes 1/2 mile to reach 30mph, which can be embarrassing, the only option is to floor it to get a decent response from the engine/gearbox.
I appreciate that all the gadgets and gizmos are far removed from you old 2008 jazz, but in my view some of the gizmos are pure marketing and others are downright dangerous.
eg the heating controls are now via a touch screen, meaning you have to take your eyes off the road to make any adjustments. various warning notices  (eg lane departure)again means you have take your eyes off the road to look  at them. The list goes goes on.
As for the useless gizmos, automatic reading of speed signs, if I cannot use my MK 1 eyeball to read the speed signs I should not be driving. Cruise Control, with the volume of traffic in the UK this function is useless.
The list goes on

Oh dear, what a poor experience. Some thoughts:
"The manual boot and bonnet releases are in the (dark) footwell on the drivers side, difficult to distinguish between the two."
- My SE spec doesn't have a boot release in that location, it has the fuel filler and bonnet release catches down there. The fuel filler has detailing picked out in white so it's quite easy to find and use.

"The Engine is very noisy and you can hear the tappets rattling around like tin cans."
- That doesn't sound right. Is your car still under warranty? If so, suggest you get it to a dealer to check out.

"The CVT gearbox is something else ... from a standing start at a constant 2k revs it takes 1/2 mile to reach 30mph, which can be embarrassing, the only option is to floor it to get a decent response from the engine/gearbox."
- No personal experience of that (mine's a manual), other CVT owners have commented that it can be sluggish but using the Sport mode (I think?) produces a more satisfactory experience.

"heating controls are now via a touch screen, meaning you have to take your eyes off the road to make any adjustments."
- Completely agree. That was one of the reasons I went for the SE spec rather than EX.

charles yates

• Approved Member
  • reformed derver
  • Fuel economy: 53mpg
  • My Honda: 2018 1.3 jazz se
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 10:45:11 AM »
That is very unfortunate, hopefully your next Honda will be more satisfying.

I tried another make a couple of years ago and whilst it was a very good car (Fiesta ST LineX) returning to the Honda after a long test drive has been an absolute pleasure.

Good luck, stay well.
its a good job you didnt go for the ford as you would probably be on your 3rd ecoboost engine by now ,

Tags: