Author Topic: Start Stop on New Jazz  (Read 29144 times)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Start Stop on New Jazz
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2016, 04:41:11 PM »
There must be something wrong with mine, it is completely unobtrusive.
Mine too. I just wish it wasn't necessary to hold the foot brake down on the auto model. I don't see why the engine has to start if I lift my foot when the vehicle is in neutral with the handbrake on.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2016, 04:47:33 PM »
another reason im sticking with my mk2 this is

i just hope they dont start to turbo charge the jazz or replace the real hand brake for a button

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2016, 05:19:30 PM »
another reason im sticking with my mk2 this is

If you are considering a new Mk3 get it registered before the tax change on April 1st.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2016, 05:43:36 PM »
thanks for saying that, i did know about the tax changes but other people might not

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2016, 06:07:59 PM »
As John says, there are several reasons that it will not activate, engine cold, demand from aircon etc.  But the cleaver one is that if you are stop start in traffic, it eventually recognises that and keeps the engine running.  Obviously Honda don't share BMW's theory.

maybe the car computer senses that if you are in traffic and keep on with the 'creep forward stop - start - creep forward stop - start -  etc' that pretty soon the car battery is gonna be flat and keeps the engine running just to put some juice back into it.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2016, 06:30:35 PM »
When it stops working in heavy traffic does the not working / low battery symbol appear in the multi display?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 06:36:18 PM by Deeps »

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2016, 08:46:58 AM »
When it stops working in heavy traffic does the not working / low battery symbol appear in the multi display?
Eventually, yes. Although I think it has to be pretty heavy traffic. Getting out of Banbury can be a bit annoying sometimes. I've been known to have to stop five or six times but idle stop rarely refuses to work once the engine is warmed up. But I've always been mindful of not bringing the car to a complete halt. I'm a megamiler(*) and am mindful that it takes more power to get a vehicle moving from stopped than it does to get it moving from a crawl. I also prefer to find the perfect crawl speed rather than keep jabbing at pedals.

What I'm less clear about is whether it's better to use the brakes to prolong the crawling or come to a stop earlier so that idle stop can cut the engine for longer. Probably makes no practical difference though so for now the decision depends on how much traffic is behind me.

(*)Like a hypermiler but not so extreme :)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2016, 02:12:28 PM »
Thanks, I live in a light traffic area and being retired rarely drive at busy times. My stop start is unlikely to activate more than a few times in succession.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2016, 09:10:08 PM »
I just wish I could permanently disable this annoying, useless feature  >:(

im thinking of getting a mk3 and this is one of the features i hate along with tire presure sensors, auto lights/wipers, auto lock and walk away, push button start and no real radio dial just touch screen control

have i missed anything lol

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2016, 09:26:49 PM »
I  think its a "question of balance "

Moody Blues ???

andruec

• Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2016, 10:07:46 PM »
It's not useless - it will save you a small amount of fuel and slightly reduce the pollution you generate. I don't find it annoying - I barely notice it in normal driving. The engine has always restarted and is ready to go by the time I've moved my foot from the brake to the accelerator pedal. In what way is it annoying you?

im thinking of getting a mk3 and this is one of the features i hate along with tire presure sensors, auto lights/wipers, auto lock and walk away, push button start and no real radio dial just touch screen control
There are no tyre pressure sensors. The vehicle just compares wheel rotation speeds and warns of an anomaly. It's a simple and reliable system. Auto lights mostly work okay. Auto main-beam is nearly perfect and a huge boon. I agree on the infotainment unit though. Poorly designed UI, too much reliance on touch technology and buggy. Nothing says "congratulations on paying £18,000 for a new Jazz" quite like having to drive for two minutes listening to the engine and road noise because the infotainment system is struggling to boot up.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:11:40 PM by andruec »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2016, 10:15:00 PM »

have i missed anything lol

Only why are you buying it if you don't like it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 10:17:12 PM by Deeps »

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2016, 11:17:34 PM »

Only why are you buying it if you don't like it.
[/quote]

because what choice do i have? every other car has the same stuff on it as well and im looking at an S model too
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:25:18 PM by monkeydave »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2016, 08:28:29 AM »
Dacia Logan? Bigger, cheaper, and only basic gadgets.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2016, 10:41:34 AM »
Dacia Logan? Bigger, cheaper, and only basic gadgets.

really? renault ? no thanks

Tags:

anything