Author Topic: Can anyone explain this (IMA symbol help)?  (Read 645 times)

dinnydorf

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: JAZZ HX-T IMA
Can anyone explain this (IMA symbol help)?
« on: July 19, 2020, 11:20:49 PM »
Hi everyone,

First-time car buyer here, went for a 2012 Jazz with just over 39,000 miles on, listed as Cat S due to a previous accident but repaired to a roadworthy standard.

Due to the condition, it didn't come with a lot of the usual peripherals (like a user manual or a USB adapter), but I've had some luck on these forums finding what I'm missing. However, despite my scouring, this symbol is still evading explanation. I've attached an image from when I start the engine. Whilst driving, when the car reaches 30mph, there's an audible ding and the symbol with "1" and "30" appears on the IMA display in orange. It disappears after 5-10 seconds (can't get an image of that for obvious reasons), and doesn't seem to activate cruise, limit the car's speed, or do anything other than notify me. There is no such notification when I hit 50mph.

None of the user manual PDFs I've found have any mention of this, so I turn to the general forums in the hopes that it's a really simple thing I can easily switch off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
Re: Can anyone explain this (IMA symbol help)?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 12:02:17 AM »
As far as I know, it warns you that you are doing 30mph but not 50mph. It should bleep. My old Citroen C3 had it.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Can anyone explain this (IMA symbol help)?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 08:10:19 AM »

Tags:

anything