Author Topic: Decent price insurance  (Read 3842 times)

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
Re: Decent price insurance
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 07:36:03 AM »
Have you looked into whether your daughter would get a no claims bonus from being a named driver?
I had a friend of mine on my insurance as a named driver for 4 or 5 years. When he got his own car he had earned the full no claims bonus for those years. Like me he's in his 50's so they may treat it differently.

As for finding the best deal I just do whatever money saving expert suggests. 
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 09:29:54 AM »
My daughter has just got her provisional licence at the age of 17, I run a quote through confused last night to see what effect it would have adding her on. Cheapest quote for the other half with me as an additional named driver was £147 from morethan, with my daughter added on the cheapest was Halifax BISL at £248, rounded up.

Of course, the prices rocket once they get a full licence.

Other half is with quotemehappy at the moment, it remains to be seen if they will entertain a named learner driver yet.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2019, 03:53:12 PM »
You're not actually dealing with Lloyds at all, BISL run the whole operation on behalf of the namesake, including providing the insurance, documentation and the sales staff. All of these companies operate through the same BISL call centre.
BISL act as a broker,

All this is explained to you when they first answer the phone. All the paperwork has Lloyds name on it, they give me a good deal, that's good enough for me

Vic.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2019, 05:04:49 PM »
All the paperwork has Lloyds name on it, they give me a good deal, that's good enough for me

Indeed, that's what matters most.

Budget had a bit of a poor reputation at one time, but they have seriously upped their game of late. I've used them before, and would consider them again if the price was right.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2019, 10:43:19 AM »
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.
Regards.
Dan.

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2019, 01:08:59 PM »
go with adrian flux did me a great sensible deal on my jazz!!!

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 09:34:32 PM »
go with adrian flux did me a great sensible deal on my jazz!!!
Hi.
Glad we could help out with your insurance.
Regards,
Dan.

Denis

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 07:21:40 PM »
 Blimey! some of these quotes!!!, I'm with the Halifax insurance, my 55 plate Jazz came in £146 Full comp, and the wifes 61 plate Jazz was £212 full comp.

iceblue

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 2004
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2019, 12:34:15 PM »
Blimey! some of these quotes!!!, I'm with the Halifax insurance, my 55 plate Jazz came in £146 Full comp, and the wifes 61 plate Jazz was £212 full comp.
The point is the insurance is in my daughter's name who passed her test 12 months ago and she is now 19. Of course your quotes are going to be lower!   ???

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2019, 03:47:24 PM »
I think the thread drifted off a bit in the middle, as they always tend to on here...  ;)

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2019, 04:09:16 PM »
You just wait until you get the wrong side of 80. Back in march I paid £529.90  for my Mk 3 EX Cvt,
with NFU and that's for myself and 2 named drivers (daughters) both over 50.

Have been driving 60+'years without any accident that was my fault, the last one a rear end shunt in traffic about 3 years ago, by some woman on the school run!

I confess I tend to stay with the same company rather than shop around, maybe I should?

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2019, 04:27:51 PM »
You just wait until you get the wrong side of 80. Back in march I paid £529.90  for my Mk 3 EX Cvt,
with NFU and that's for myself and 2 named drivers (daughters) both over 50.

Have been driving 60+'years without any accident that was my fault, the last one a rear end shunt in traffic about 3 years ago, by some woman on the school run!

I confess I tend to stay with the same company rather than shop around, maybe I should?

I would, my Dad's 85 in July and he's paying well under half that for his Astra - with Hastings, I think. We've all done it at some stage, but staying with the same insurer for years on end is just asking for them to keep dribbling the renewal price up every year.

Unfortunately, at fault or not, any declared accident increases your premium.

Sorry iceblue for deviating from the original topic again!

Just going back to insuring youngsters again, we've been running all sorts of quotes for different cars. All the 'reasonable' priced insurances (sub £1K) are black boxes and fairly low mileages. Lowest was a Picanto at just under £800. Despite the relatively high groupings, the Jazz was less than £900. Some low group cars were far more expensive to insure.

Without the black box, prices go through the roof, but the cheapest quotes seem to favour different cars, such as the Citroen C1 tin can. With a black box, an old Jazz 1.2 and Cit C1 come out within £20 of each other, but without the box, the Jazz is nearly double the price of the C1, around £2.5K.

All quotes were through Confused.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 01:26:30 PM by sparky Paul »

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2019, 08:00:14 AM »
Maybe all you need to do  kenneve is shop around. My renewal came in at £360, half an hour on comparison sites and I was getting under £290, from the same company. When I phoned them to cancel the renewal they offered to match the quote.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

Tags:

anything