Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 02:38:48 PM »
An awful lot of umming on this thread and not a lot of buying going on. I've given the Joying a shot.
I’m sure you will be pleased with it, if you have any questions before or during the installation don’t hesitate to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by jazzyb88 on Today at 02:36:44 PM »
An awful lot of umming on this thread and not a lot of buying going on. I've given the Joying a shot.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by Don21 on Today at 01:09:30 PM »
Something to note. If you get the latest version there is a change in the settings with the Road Departure Mitigation System. The options used to be, Narrow,  Normal, Wide and Warning Only. Road Departure Mitigation is a system that if you stray out of lane either left or right without indicating  etc the car will warn you and correct with steering input pulling the car back into lane. If the settings are set to Warning Only the car warns the driver but no steering input. The latest Jazz only has options,  Early, Normal or Delayed but no option for Warning Only. This means the option of Warning Only is not available. I have contacted Honda who have confirmed that the Warning Only option is not an option on the latest Jazz. I am very unimpressed and considerthistobeasafetyissue. One reason for not being happy is I had an incident last week. Driving on a " Normal " type of road a van veered onto my side of the road so I steered left to avoid contacted. As I did this the car tried to steer/pull back to the right. I avoided a collision but it was close. So anyone with the Latest version of the Jazz beware.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Jazz / Crosstar Warranty AGAIN
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 12:58:48 PM »
when I ordered my EX in September 2021 I got the Honda 5 year Care package  included free as part of the Honda finance deal  available at the time  . Like many I was lucky enough to find out in time that by taking out the minimum loan of £5000 and paying it off after 6 months I still qualified for the free package  (costing IIRC £799 if bought separately) for only about £100 or so in interest payments.

I too got the letter shown on John Ratseys posting clearly stating I had 5 year service plan  ,5 years warranty  (consisting of 3 years standard plus 2 year Honda extended guarantee ) and 5 years hondacare assistance.
I also received Terms and conditions  Part 1, service plan,Part 2, Honda Extended guarantee exclusions and Honda care assistance

Although these terms and conditions mention the £399 cost of an extended guarantee my Vehicle Order form included as ' retailer options'  Honda Service plan  £0.00   and Care package upgrade £0.00

I think Honda Finance may have closed the 'minimum finance' loop hole  some time later. 
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Insurance 2008 Mk1
« Last post by WelshBeauty on Today at 11:49:19 AM »
Got the email today from LV, telling me they will not be insuring me in 2024.
Who do I go with now? Any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks all.
« Last post by olduser1 on Today at 11:25:43 AM »
Buy Japanese pre 2005 most models you'll be pleasantly surprised that are equipped to be repaired mostly no parts required.
Avoid expensive when new as their spares are limited and remain costly.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by coravel on Today at 11:11:42 AM »
...you have that nagging doubt when you go out to the car that it might happen.

Wasn't it Seneca who said: "We suffer more in imagination than in reality.”?

Meaning, we spend so much time worried about how bad things are going to be, that we actually torture ourselves more than the thing we’re worried about ever could (that is, if it happens at all).

I just enjoy driving the Jazz. If something goes wrong, it's early enough to worry, right?

Thanks for the quote Jazznik.  Very wise words for certain.   :)
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by chrisv on Today at 10:14:28 AM »
Hi,
Gave up trying to sort alarm and took it to Honda dealer. They diagnosed the boot latch sensor as the problem, just short of £400 including diagnosis, new latch and fitting. I have a loan car while mine is being fixed, it's a jazz hybrid, what a strange machine, all seems to work ok, goes well, sits nicely on the road but what a load of gadgets and gizmos, not for me,
Chris
« Last post by nomis on Today at 08:51:12 AM »
My wife still has a Ford Fiesta which we're looking to replace as it's just celebrated its 16th birthday. In all that time it's been very reliable in the sense that it has always started and driven, but then it is a manual with minimal electronics. The electric boot release packed up about 18 months ago and the central locking hasn't unlocked the passenger door for about 6 months. Both are annoying but they don't interfere with getting from A to B.

I sold a Ford Mondeo auto estate when I bought the Jazz. It was 10 years old and had let me down once when a sensor on the high pressure fuel line failed. The reliability of the electronics was appalling though. First the rear view camera went on the blink and eventually failed altogether. Then the sat-nav packed up because it could no longer detect any satellites. Then my mobile would no longer connect for hands-free calling. After that I discovered by accident that the voice control had lost its dictionary, not that I ever used it. Finally the parking sensors died. All this happened outside of warranty of course and I never bothered having any of it fixed. At least the radio still worked when I sold it.

I wouldn't touch a modern Ford with a barge pole given how many electronic "safety" modules there are which can brick a car if they fail.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything