Author Topic: MK3 Sport - Engine Hesitation  (Read 1549 times)

SuperCNJ

• Approved Member
MK3 Sport - Engine Hesitation
« on: November 07, 2019, 02:15:01 PM »
I'm just wondering if any other MK3 sport (manual) owners have experienced this before.

I'm struggling to pinpoint exactly when or how this occurs but when accelerating in gear at low revs (usually in 1st) there is a point when the engine seems to hesitate for a split second, almost like you've lifted off the throttle slightly for a fraction of a second, even though you haven't.

It seems to occur at under 2k rpm, and usually on light/medium throttle. I can't always seem to reproduce it but it does occur fairly often.

Any ideas? Thanks!

hoggya

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz sport
Re: MK3 Sport - Engine Hesitation
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 03:55:17 PM »
I've got two new 1.5 sport jazz's and I've the same problem had them into honda and they cannot find the problem

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 04:09:57 PM »
It sounds like an engine management problem, I believe that VW has a similar problem with one of its engines that has recently been sorted via a software update. The manufacturer has to admit to the problem first and introduce a fix that they may keep quiet about and only carry out on cars that they service and not via a recall.

Vic.

SuperCNJ

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 03:17:30 PM »
I've got two new 1.5 sport jazz's and I've the same problem had them into honda and they cannot find the problem

Glad I'm not imagining things as the hesitation is not that obvious.

We're still under warranty and we're in two minds about taking it in to Honda to have it checked out but I'm struggling to reproduce the issue consistently. It seems to occur at and below 2k rpm when under very light throttle and its a very brief loss of power.  Is this what you're experiencing and is yours a manual?

SuperCNJ

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 03:42:25 PM »
It sounds like an engine management problem, I believe that VW has a similar problem with one of its engines that has recently been sorted via a software update. The manufacturer has to admit to the problem first and introduce a fix that they may keep quiet about and only carry out on cars that they service and not via a recall.

Vic.

Hopefully, its just a software fix, I'd rather not have Honda strip the engine or something drastic to resolve it. I doesn't really affect our driving but is quite annoying, particularly when moving off.

Tony1979

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz sport 1.5
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 11:06:45 PM »
I’ve got a 2019 1.5 sport that is doing the same about 2000 revs it feels like it’s misfiring for a split second I’ve took it back to Honda four times  they say there is nothing wrong with it it’s the Characteristic of the jazz  it’s back in now as we speak for a 5th attempt there’s no fault codes or engine management lights showing just hope I’m not been fobbed off when I’ve paid 💷💷💷 for a brand new car is anybody else having same issues ???

Tags: