Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on Today at 11:31:41 AM »
Sorry to add such a long post to a long thread.

I still hold the view that ALL car manufacturers have serious faults from time to time. Jumping ship to another brand may not make you immune from faults.    Its how well they resolve the issue and treat the victims of their mistake - ie their customers, that makes the difference.

Although there are some  encouraging signs that Honda are at last  beginning to behave more honourably with regard to warranty repairs ,and who pays to correct Hondas mistake , it still seems its those victims  who have learnt the facts and able to argue their case that succeed best.   How many have grudgingly paid major repair costs    but will get their revenge by never buying another Honda or recommending them to their friends and family?    I did have a vague plan of passing my Jazz on to my daughter,  but I certainly dont want to lumber her with a potential future major repair bill .So even if I buy another Honda myself  they have lost a potential new buyer.

The argument has been made that a recall would result in a shortage of spare parts and workshop capacity.
This did happen with the Takata airbag recall a few years ago.   Come on Honda, either only a few cars are affected and you can afford to fix them, or there are a lot of cars involved and you cant afford not to fix them. Especially if you hope to charge a premium price  based on a  reputation for reliability.  Instead you chose to prioritise using new parts  to produce more new cars rather than repairing the faulty ones that are ruining your reputation.   

Not wishing to minimise the seriousness of those  situations I can see parallels  with the major scandals  being revealed  in the UK  , contaminated blood, post office, etc etc  where there is evidence  Managers, professionals ,politicians etc  followed a policies that protected  their  own reputation, jobs, financial profits etc.

Is situation worse in Rip off Britain?   Main dealers typically have several Franchises.  They love to sell to fleet buyers, sell financial packages, and charge  premium prices for repairs.    If an owner decides  to quit Honda they will happily sell you a Kia  or whatever from  their other Franchise.   If Honda withdraw from Europe  there are plenty of other car makers from China etc looking to expand their dealership networks.

If you have a warranty problem  there are several hurdles  to negotiate.  The dealership, happy to charge you if they can.   Then the warranty is administered by "Honda administration"   which in reality means "TWG Services Ltd"   This is basically an independent  warranty providing company  who operate on an insurance underwriting basis.   The service they provide is to Honda UK, Not Honda Customers . TWG provide Honda Uk with  a call centre and staff to 'handle' claims. Staff experienced in looking for small print  and reasons to reject claims. Put crudely the more claims TWG can reject the bigger their profits, and cost savings they can offer  Honda UK. . But its not TWG's reputation at risk. Its Hondas.     To be fair to TWG  and Honda UK,  several other Car manufacturers and organisations such as the RAC administer  their warranties in this way.  At least in the UK.

The next Hurdle, if your case  even gets that far, is Honda UK.  I am only speculating here  but I imagine  Honda UK are accountable to Honda Japan, and the more money they can save administering and paying out on warranties, the better their performance appears on a balance sheet  to their bosses in Japan.  And the real cost to Honda in lost reputation may never reach senior managment.    Or they might decide the number of cars sold in Europe  doesnt justify trying too hard  and prefer to maximise profits as much as they can. 

At present I love the Hybrid system, and the Jazz is an ideal size for me.   But when i change I will look again at the alternatives. And if Honda overprice the Jazz there will be more alternatives  in my price range.
« Last post by Karoq on Today at 11:29:27 AM »
Hmmm... reading your profile: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV.
And of course I read that you swapped your CR-V Hybrid for a s/hand eNiro. "Best car I have ever owned (out of 79)
7 year warranty and FREE 7 year connectivity."

I really didn't know that the number of years of warranty and FREE many years of connectivity determines the quality of a car...
[/quote]
Sorry,  I had forgotten to put the Niro on my profile.
I think you misunderstood my comment.
I am not saying that 7 year warranty determines the quality of the car, but........
1. Kia are obviously more confident of their products, as are Toyota, MG, Hyundai etc and all those with warranty longer than three years.  Interestingly, in general, all the cars with longer warrantys appear higher up the reliability ratings than many of the 3year types. Look at Jaguar/LR. VAG all sinking in the reliability ratings and all with only three years.
2. Those with 3 year warranty will offer an extension AT A COST . Cars with longer standard  covers are all free.
3. Most manufacturers I have come across, give you only ONE year connectivity, after which you have to pay and in most cases the cost is exorbitant. Kia give you SEVEN year connectivity FREE.
« Last post by aphybrid on Today at 06:43:43 AM »
Quote -
"Maybe all forum members should email Honda UK ( info.uk@honda-eu.com ) and complain. Surely 100's of complaints from current and future MK4 owners would make a difference? Just a thought."

It might also convince Honda time is up in UK,

ps having difficulty on site as keep on getting warnings about site safety, took 4 efforts to be able to paste this on, sorry to diverge from subject
« Last post by Westy36 on May 20, 2024, 09:56:28 PM »
Once my new house DIY is complete I'm selling mine, hopefully before next insurance due date in April 25

The whole car scene is now a nightmare with new prices and insurance and some dealers arguing there is no underlying problems ala our MK4 Jazz and the 2017 Civic rubber timing belts

"You're the only one we've heard of" "Wear and tear, you'll need to pay"
The belt in oil is used by several companies, and they are all turning out to be utter disasters. They should stick to proven technology. As you say, wear and tear and they're off the hook in Europe. I think they've all looked long and hard at how VAG have got away with building some appalling machines (early dsg, timing chains, EA189 fiasco, Columbus head units etc the list is very long!) and treating their customers poorly outside of warranty to no detriment to their market share. BM and their N47 engine timing chains is another text book case of same.

Into the mix has to be the change in how people buy their cars nowadays. I understand less than 5% of punters buy their motors cash, the rest are on the never never monthly. Therefore, the long term engineering and quality of a car is of no concern to the majority of buyers and manufacturers are only too aware of this. Disaster and terrible for the planet. 

Either way, come on Honda, get this sorted!!

Maybe all forum members should email Honda UK ( info.uk@honda-eu.com ) and complain. Surely 100's of complaints from current and future MK4 owners would make a difference? Just a thought.

Does social media activity not get the most response these days? I don't do social media, but maybe those that do?

Dealers & Insurance / Re: Insurance shock.
« Last post by Westy36 on May 20, 2024, 09:33:11 PM »
I've just renewed mine via a comparision site and it's gone up by only £7 ..   
Nice one! You are very much in the minority from what is being reported. Good to hear. Maybe the market is levelling out premium wise? There can't be much more £ to squeeze from us poor motorists!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: 6 months of ownership
« Last post by Westy36 on May 20, 2024, 09:26:54 PM »
Excellent.  :)They are brilliant little motors. Love the colour of yours.

Out of interest, what do you make of the window wind deflectors you fitted? Would you recommend them?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on May 20, 2024, 05:57:48 PM »

There are 3 USB connections on the rear of the Joying. I connected 2 to my Honda loom supplying the 2 onboard USB sockets, the remaining one I ran one of the supplied cables into the glovebox. Neither of the onboard sockets supplied enough power to charge an iPhone 15 Pro and TBH I haven’t used wired CarPlay so can’t help there.
You are only supplied with one cable that connects directly to Honda USB loom,so if you wish to use both onboard sockets you need to order another cable.

In case you're interested, I contacted their support team and asked for another Honda usb connector to allow both factory USB sockets to work with the unit. Expecting a no, they said they would include a second one. I'd be amazed if that happens - saves me £10-20 just on that connector!
Yes, their customer service is very good
« Last post by jazzyb88 on May 20, 2024, 05:04:00 PM »
Impressive! Yes, warmer weather will always boost the economy no matter what car - warm up is where you are getting 15-20mpg until it's up to temp. I don't know about Honda but on Toyota cars they have designed them so they warm up faster by recirculating the exhaust gasses to warm up the coolant which in turns warms up the engine quicker.

If Honda employ the same, then explains why the blue light goes out so quickly.
« Last post by jasonevans on May 20, 2024, 04:22:38 PM »
It's really good on long runs.
In town i'm getting anything from 41-53 mpg depending on hoe much traffic I encounter and the outside temp sems to make a difference. The warmer the weather the better the cars economy, I don't know if that's because the enigne warms up quicker or what.  Strange but tue ! ..
« Last post by jazzyb88 on May 20, 2024, 04:05:39 PM »
Yep same here.   I'm on my 3rd Jazz.   ( I had 2 MK1 Jazz Manuals ) and now on my 3rd Jazz which is a MK3 2017 SE CVT Auto  ( As I work in London so it's a lot of stop start.  ) .. Love the car. £35 VED and great economy. Half decent on a motorway as well.  Done a 4 hr trip the other day and got 72mpg out of it on the motorway @ 68mph ave.

I'm amazed you get such good economy out of your 1.3 CVT? We recently bought one and the best we're getting is about 50mpg which isn't that bad either. It was between the Jazz or the Yaris and while we would've liked the Mk 4 Yaris, it was just a bit too much at the moment (though economy on that is unreal).

Unfortunately we also got a late 2017 so missed out on the cheaper VED!!  :'(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything