Author Topic: The complainers.  (Read 13617 times)

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: The complainers.
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2016, 08:41:09 AM »
Generally speaking the best car is next years model, its only when lobbyists got into the EU and offloaded electonic gubbins that cars became too complex and overloaded with non essential extras that new models dipped.

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 08:50:42 AM »
One thing I find odd is some folk comparing the Mk3 with previous Jazz models. Honda spent a huge chunk of its marketing budget to promote and made no secret of the fact that the Mk3 is a totally new car with a Jazz badge on the back.
I compare the Mk 3 to the Mk 2 because I was impressed by the Mk 2 which I drove for over 7 years, and only changed because I was looking for an improved ride.  From early posts in this forum, together with a short test drive, I was happy to change.  It may be a totally new car but the unique Jazz/Fit design concept is unchanged, fortunately.  The 10% improvement in fuel economy is a useful bonus.  I only use the infotainment system for the radio and the analogue clock, so the reported problems with this have passed me by.

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2016, 08:53:47 AM »
People like me who bought the Mk1 and the Mk2 would be expected to buy the Mk3. The strange thing would be to not compare them.

That would explain it, Jazz fans buying it because it is a Jazz and assuming that it will perfectly match their previous model likes and dislikes.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:59:25 AM by Deeps »

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 12:43:07 PM »
I wish to become a fully paid up member of the Jazz complainers club.

This morning I parked my car in a multi storey car park, all went well and the auto lights worked perfectly and came on as expected. As I was ambling away from the car reluctantly following Mrs Deeps towards the shops a young lady screeched at the top of her voice "Excuse me, you have left your lights on". As I said "Thanks, the car will sort itself out" the lights went off. The young lady turned bright pink and to soothe her embarrassment I said "These modern cars are too clever for their own good" accompanied with my best professional grandad smile.

Should I write to the Prime Minister demanding that the Jazz is banned from sale in the UK as it can cause embarrassment to young ladies?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:05:50 AM by Deeps »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 04:03:48 PM »
My experience in life is that if people don't have something big to complain about (eg a world war) they will complain about small things ( the size of their house etc.),  and if they don't have something small to complain about they will complain about minuscule things (the amount of reserve fuel when the fuel light comes on) and so on ad-infinitum.  It sometimes takes a real tragedy or shock to make people realise how lucky they really are - many people in this world will never be able to own a beat-up second hand car,  let alone a brand new or nearly new one.

I used to have a boss and he had some nice company cars,  but when they went in for service (which they did regularly and he wasn't paying for) and they cleaned his car (which they always did - and he wasn't paying for) he would inspect it when it came back and once he rang the dealership up to complain because there was a tiny patch of unpolished (white powder) wax on one of the window seals - words just about failed me at that time (which doesn't happen very often) - I guess he either had a massive ego or too much time on his hands - he also had a vanity number plate and now I always wonder about the drivers of cars with these plates on, and have decided I do not trust such people ( just a personal thing, coloured by more than one experience).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Skyrider

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2016, 11:36:36 AM »
In my Cruise Control thread I mentioned the quirk of a car I owned. This resulted in owners taking their cars to dealers only to be told no fault found. One poster on that cars forum claimed to be a dealer mechanic, he resolved many owners minor problems and prevented dealer visits. Some posters speculated that he was a plant from the manufacturers technical services unit as he had in depth knowledge of the car and it's systems and his prompt replies.

It would be a good move if car manufacturers provided a technical advice service but would have to balance it against dealer income. Also there would be repeat complainers that are never satisfied. A friend (a nurse) worked for NHS 24 or whatever it is called now, they had that problem.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 11:38:21 AM by Deeps »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2016, 09:45:12 AM »
In my Cruise Control thread I mentioned the quirk of a car I owned. This resulted in owners taking their cars to dealers only to be told no fault found. One poster on that cars forum claimed to be a dealer mechanic, he resolved many owners minor problems and prevented dealer visits. Some posters speculated that he was a plant from the manufacturers technical services unit as he had in depth knowledge of the car and it's systems and his prompt replies.

It would be a good move if car manufacturers provided a technical advice service but would have to balance it against dealer income. Also there would be repeat complainers that are never satisfied. A friend (a nurse) worked for NHS 24 or whatever it is called now, they had that problem.

This sounds a bit like TG on this forum - he seems to have in-depth knowledge of a lot of things  :o  does TG stand for Technical Guy ???
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1372

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2016, 04:18:43 PM »
It would be a good move if car manufacturers provided a technical advice service but would have to balance it against dealer income. Also there would be repeat complainers that are never satisfied.
This sounds a bit like TG on this forum - he seems to have in-depth knowledge of a lot of things  :o  does TG stand for Technical Guy ???
Oh thanks... 

The automotive industry could take a leaf out of the software industry support methods; after many years of third party forums providing the best guidance and fault resolution the developers have started to properly run their own community forums, a million engaged users will beat 100 support staff for depth of knowledge and resourcefulness every time.   In any sector where personal and 3rd party safety may be affected I guess for legal reasons you can't endorse amateur advice so (except for Tesla) official automotive forums won't appear. 

I joined this forum to complain about my failed rear wheel bearing.  Have since complained about Nationwide (now Halfords Autocentres) inability to fit an exhaust correctly, and after using Ford/VW/JLR touchscreens feel justified in complaining about Honda infotainment faults even though I don't possess one.

Upbringing and curiosity means I'm of the mindset that you can fix anything*, and there's always another tool you can buy.  My CEng IMechE father used to race an MG-TC, and he was in Mobil Special Products division which meant getting to poke around these two Patrick Head (Williams) designs as a school holiday perk. 

--
TG

* Just fixed intermittent graphics fault on laptop by baking motherboard in oven for 8 minutes, was scrap otherwise.

Tags: