Author Topic: new honda jazz  (Read 19884 times)

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
new honda jazz
« on: August 16, 2017, 08:46:00 PM »
I see in the next jazz there's finally a bigger engine being offered! 128bhp 1.5 litre! about time Honda UK!!

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: new honda jazz
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 09:04:59 PM »
Any ideas regarding the cost??

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 09:26:16 PM »
Looking forward to giving it a test drive and see how different it is to the 1.3.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 10:21:52 PM »
Looking forward to giving it a test drive and see how different it is to the 1.3.
If it is configured the same as the 1.5 engine in the HR-V without the Atkinson cycle at the lower revs then it will provide smoother, more progressive, performance as well as more overall power at the high end. I have found the HR-V to be a much more pleasant drive than the Mk 3 Jazz for this reason. However, it's possible that Honda might retain the Atkinson cycle for the Jazz to provide better economy but the longer stroke of the 1.5 should still give proportionally better torque than the 1.3.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

JazzyB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 11:43:38 PM »
Any ideas regarding the cost??

No prices given in the article in this week's Auto express mag.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 12:18:48 PM »
The Auto Express article states that the facelift 1.3 Jazz will have a five speed manual gearbox.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 02:08:18 PM »
The Auto Express article states that the facelift 1.3 Jazz will have a five speed manual gearbox.

IMHO 6 speed box is much better than 5 speed and Honda are making a mistake staying with a 5 speeder,  especially at price of Jazz.  Basically the smaller the engine the more gears you need...............
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2017, 02:20:51 PM »

IMHO 6 speed box is much better than 5 speed and Honda are making a mistake staying with a 5 speeder,  especially at price of Jazz.  Basically the smaller the engine the more gears you need...............
Indeed. I have an infinite number within a given range ;)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 03:18:43 PM »
I see in the next jazz there's finally a bigger engine being offered! 128bhp 1.5 litre! about time Honda UK!!

The bigger engine is not available across the range but only in the 'Dynamic' which has lots of other bells and whistles and will obviously cost lots more.

Vic.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2017, 03:40:26 PM »
IMHO 6 speed box is much better than 5 speed and Honda are making a mistake staying with a 5 speeder
I agree with that. I find myself reaching for the gear lever, thinking I am in 4th, when I am actually in 5th. A 6th gear would be great. And as many of you know, I have already made room for it in my box!

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 09:13:48 PM »
IMHO 6 speed box is much better than 5 speed and Honda are making a mistake staying with a 5 speeder
I agree with that. I find myself reaching for the gear lever, thinking I am in 4th, when I am actually in 5th. A 6th gear would be great. And as many of you know, I have already made room for it in my box!
You still have to select your own gears? How quaint.  ;D

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
new honda jazz
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 10:54:24 PM »
The current 1.3 manual has a 6 speed box!

6th is only useful on the motorway and you have to change down to go up hills or overtake.  No torque at the low end of the revs.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 08:19:31 AM »
You still have to select your own gears? How quaint.  ;D

Surely its not so hard to understand that a lot of drivers prefer to interact with the car and not just be a bystander while it does everything for you.  I drove auto boxes and CVT for a lot of years,  just not everybodies cup of tea,  they are useful in towns and cities,  but I have very little reason to drive in those places.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 08:48:14 AM »
Personally, I much prefer an automatic to a manual transmission, but I have no inclination for a CVT, or a DSG for that matter (though I do like the BMW version).

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2017, 11:21:42 AM »
Nothing better than an automatic when stuck in heavy traffic on the M25 parking lot and any busy motorway or congested town driving, after driving manual and occasional auto cars for many years changed permanently to an auto fifteen years ago and would never go back to manual, people that say there is no control with an auto don't know how to drive one especially a modern auto car with paddles, if they are good enough for Lewis Hamilton they are good enough for me. ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:56:30 AM by Hobo »

Tags:

anything