Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: 2016 honda jazz paintwork
« Last post by hondaboy on May 22, 2024, 12:43:17 PM »
the colour is a kind of real light grey but not as dark as spray can primer. it looks half finished to me that is why I was wondering if I should walk away or not. everything else looks ok all the gaps line up and the Salseman says its never been in a crash.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Jayt43 on May 22, 2024, 11:30:17 AM »
The allowance for vehicle hire seems very stingy (if I'm looking at the most up-to-date doc). Basically £200 for a maximum of 5 day's hire? That's ridiculous! Compact / economy cars are £55 upwards for the most basic vehicle nowadays...

The accompanying notes also cover Honda (to a degree) in case of parts not being available:

"Note that Repair time for the purposes of this Part 5.1 does not include delays in commencing a repair for any reason (including waiting for parts to arrive)".

Which seems especially unfair if there's a parts shortage due to a recall for 500,000 cars in Japan.

I would argue this represents bad faith as delays may be so unreasonable - depending upon the time frame - that they constitute an intentional abandonment of the contract by the issuer.

VEHICLE HIRE
5.1 Honda shall reimburse you up to £40 (including VAT) a day (up to a maximum of five days) towards the cost of a hire vehicle provided that:

5.1.2 you obtain Honda Administration's consent before arranging your hire vehicle; and
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Driver’s seat wear
« Last post by Spodric on May 22, 2024, 11:23:53 AM »
After reading this thread I noticed that my driver's seat base has a split in the side vinyl fabric.

Can I bear to go through all the faff of getting it repaired under warranty? Grrr.

So far, my 2020 Hybrid Jazz has had the camera recall, a failing passenger side mirror motor, the Brake Simulator Unit failure, and now this split in the driver's seat.

What else is going to break so that I get a full house? I am sick of playing Honda Jazz Bingo.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: A recent European trip
« Last post by Spodric on May 22, 2024, 11:17:33 AM »
When solo driving in France (in my RHD motorhome) I use an Emovis Tag to obviate the need to faff about with loose change or plastic cards at toll booths. Emovis collects via direct debit in the following month.

If I am not in a hurry I will use the toll road avoidance setting in my satnag.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Spodric on May 22, 2024, 11:06:14 AM »
With all due respect to my learned friend Lord Voltermore:

1. The Honda 5 Year Care Package (that includes the Warranty) is a contract between me and Honda (UK), defined as Honda Motor Europe Limited t/a Honda (UK).

2. TWG Services Limited administers the "programme" (i.e. the 5 year package) on behalf of Honda (UK)

3. TWG is indeed a call centre with very little discretion, and slender legal knowledge, if any.

4. I am now dealing with Honda Motor Europe Limited directly by way of "escalation".

5. The person who contacted me from Honda Motor Europe Limited had never seen a copy of the Honda 5 Year Care Package document, despite which they have rejected my claim for reimbursement of extended car hire fees. Such rejection appears to be based on company policy, not contract terms.

6. I haven't heard anything further from Honda Motor Europe Limited since 14 May.

7. The response so far from Honda Motor Europe Limited is disappointing both from a legal perspective and a customer care perspective.

8. I am not going to go away. I know my legal rights. I will go to Court if necessary. Watch this space.
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on May 22, 2024, 10:35:57 AM »
I think its fairly normal these days with most manufacturers  for bare  bodyshells to be painted inside and outside,  with various treatments , primer and the basecoat colour  ,using various techniques such as electrostatic attraction, dipping whole the bodyshell in a tank , or conventional spraying by a robot.
 But the clear lacquer coats (or special pearlescent finishes) which transform the matt basecoat colour,  are applied later and limited to areas on show or needing extra protection.  By not  clear lacquering under the bonnet and areas  covered by trim etc  can save a surprising amount of weight  (and cost   ;))  .

I  think my pearlescent white Mk4  is base white in some  normally hidden areas.  Its hard to tell the difference  as its a shiny white as might be offered as a nil cost  paint option in some markets.   
« Last post by UKjim on May 22, 2024, 08:24:46 AM »
Hello,
I have been looking at a 2016 Jazz automatic in dark blue. When I looked under the bonnet I found it was only sprayed blue around the edge (100mm) the rest is in what looks like Honda primer. The same is true with the lower engine bay and the firewall. Is this how cars are sprayed nowadays or should I be concerned?
Thank you.
When you say Honda primer do you mean a different colour or the same colour as your car but in a matte finish, if it is the latter then that is normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / 2016 honda jazz paintwork
« Last post by hondaboy on May 22, 2024, 02:41:45 AM »
Hello,
I have been looking at a 2016 Jazz automatic in dark blue. When I looked under the bonnet I found it was only sprayed blue around the edge (100mm) the rest is in what looks like Honda primer. The same is true with the lower engine bay and the firewall. Is this how cars are sprayed nowadays or should I be concerned?
Thank you.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: MPG for those interested.
« Last post by Beanbag on May 21, 2024, 11:18:16 PM »
After a month with my ,new to me 1.5 sport, mpg appears to be settling around 55 over average rural dual carriageway driving, About the same as our 2006 Mk i Jazz ??
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Front Lower Crossmember needs replacing
« Last post by Jacks2005 on May 21, 2024, 10:05:05 PM »
Thanks.  Think I may end up getting one made  :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10